we have dates

Started by alantani, September 29, 2015, 09:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

Quote from: Keta on September 30, 2015, 03:32:52 AM
We (me) have the funds!!!!!!

Welcome back! Looks like we're putting the band back together!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

sundaytrucka

Quote from: MarkT on October 08, 2015, 01:12:00 AM
Quote from: Keta on September 30, 2015, 03:32:52 AM
We (me) have the funds!!!!!!

Welcome back! Looks like we're putting the band back together!

Mark, you are back!!! How was the 10-day?

I saw some updates online and it looked like an epic trip.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

MarkT

Quote from: sundaytrucka on October 08, 2015, 02:43:18 AM
Mark, you are back!!! How was the 10-day

Great trip again this year on the Phenix charter on the Excel. Couldn't ask for better weather. Good fishing for Wahoo, Yellowtail and Yellowfin were harder to come by this year, and I think, only 3 Dorado for the boat. I had 5 Wahoo of 28 - 39#, 10 YT of 15 - 32#, 7 YFT of 10 - 32# and one Dorado of 17#. I had all the Wahoo, the 2 largest YT and YFT and the Dorado processed by 5 Star. The 10 fish totaled 305#, it completely filled my 100 qt cooler with a bag of ice. I gave the other fish to 3 other guys on the trip who wanted more fish.
I got one Wahoo using my Lexa 400 on a Phenix 869h with a straight tied P-Line Laser Minnow from the June trip! I didn't realize there were Wahoo around the boat on that stop or I wouldn't have thrown it out there. The other 4 were on bait with three on 30# and one on 40# all with a 44# wire leader.

sundaytrucka

Quote from: MarkT on October 09, 2015, 03:25:26 AM
Quote from: sundaytrucka on October 08, 2015, 02:43:18 AM
Mark, you are back!!! How was the 10-day

Great trip again this year on the Phenix charter on the Excel. Couldn't ask for better weather. Good fishing for Wahoo, Yellowtail and Yellowfin were harder to come by this year, and I think, only 3 Dorado for the boat. I had 5 Wahoo of 28 - 39#, 10 YT of 15 - 32#, 7 YFT of 10 - 32# and one Dorado of 17#. I had all the Wahoo, the 2 largest YT and YFT and the Dorado processed by 5 Star. The 10 fish totaled 305#, it completely filled my 100 qt cooler with a bag of ice. I gave the other fish to 3 other guys on the trip who wanted more fish.
I got one Wahoo using my Lexa 400 on a Phenix 869h with a straight tied P-Line Laser Minnow from the June trip! I didn't realize there were Wahoo around the boat on that stop or I wouldn't have thrown it out there. The other 4 were on bait with three on 30# and one on 40# all with a 44# wire leader.

Glad to hear you had a great trip Mark.

Saw the trip report on BloodyDecks, sounds like it was an amazing time, and a great group to fish with.

What is your favorite setup, or most used on the trip?
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

MarkT

Probably the Accurate dx400/2 on a Phenix psw809h with 30# that I got 3 Wahoo and several YFT with. I got my biggest YFT on the Avet SX Raptor on an OC Rods Kaiuli 70mhf with 30#. My coolest catch was a Wahoo on the Lexa 400hs-p on a Phenix 869h with 40# using a PLine Laser Minnow with an upgraded treble hook. Was not expecting that!