the list! - updated 10/22/2015

Started by alantani, October 03, 2015, 04:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Mark, I need a 2 speed reel for my Rainshadow 30-80 stick, I'm borrowing my buddies HX 5/2 and then I'm good. Alan...I'm the guy with the bad back that snores  ;D ... My main reason for starting this topic is, and maybe we should start a new thread is that if we encounter some bigger fish that everyone has at least a chance with their gear to land one. Alan has only so many loaners. Maybe a new thread ..Alan??

BT

MarkT

I have an HX or JX Raptor you could use. I think I'm going with a Saltiga 40ld2 on a Phenix 760xh for 50# this year.

The BFT in my avatar pic was caught on the Saltiga with 40#.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Big Tim

Quote from: MarkT on May 20, 2016, 02:11:00 AM
I have an HX or JX Raptor you could use. I think I'm going with a Saltiga 40ld2 on a Phenix 760xh for 50# this year.

The BFT in my avatar pic was caught on the Saltiga with 40#.
If your're not using the HX I'm in  ;D and set...Thank you Mark....Now we need to hear from others???

BT

MarkT

I'll bring it. It has 500yds of 80# spectra with 50# mono on top. You could always go with 60 or 80# instead if they're eating the paint off the boat. I've been using it with a Phenix 700x2h rated 40-100.

I'll bring a spinner for 50# too... A Saragosa 10k on a Black Hole Challenger Bank S-801H. The Saragosa has 400yds of 65# Maxcuatro so I think I'll be good.

Porthos

BT,

Like the last two years, I'll be bringing my "just-in-case" heavies--Daiwa Sealine H's for 60, 80, and 100 lbs and the Fin Nor LT100's (if you're a gambling man) for 50/60 and 80/100 lbs...I'm sure there's something you can borrow.

W

natch!

Alan, If you've got new intel I'm game.

Jack

alantani

naw, just ruminating.  also, i found your reel!  i just need to spool it up!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

My HXJ Raptor on a Seeker Black Steel G6465xh was going to be my heavy rig this trip and I was bringing several 25#-30# rigs for YT.  Will a 30 be to much reel?  Might bring my non Raptor HX for line capacity.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MarkT

Lee, you still want me to bring the Battle 6000 with 300 yds of 50# spectra?

Keta

Yes, just in case my Clash 4000 gets spooled.   I will have a 3000 Battle II for calico bass.  After over 50 years of looking down on spinners I think the modern ones are nice.  Might bring a 750ss or a 9500s to.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MarkT

I've been Facebooking with David Choate, Wahoodad. Seeker had a line of cow rods called the Wahoodad series. He thinks BFT are wimps and 40# is all you need for 100#'ers. 50# should be plenty good for us mere mortals fishing for, hopefully, 100#'ers! Lee, your HXJ Raptor should be up to them. Remember, if you fall overboard, it'll be going home with me and your wife will never know you had it!

Keta

Ever fish with Dave?  He kicks butt on YFT and is a good guy.

Mark Twain

MarkT

Yeah, I've fished with Dave. I'd say I've known him for maybe 20 years?

Keta

I met and fished with him a few times around 14 years ago.  He, John Grabowski and Bill Casper Jr helped flatten my learning curve.

Mark Twain