East coast head boat tuna

Started by bill19803, October 11, 2015, 04:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill19803

so i went  and  did it again   same results  nada. feels so good when you stop beating your head on the wall  lol   2  bites for the boat probably swords from behavior. quit early went pot hopping for  mahi  to  put meat in the coolers. lots of  them, but mostly chicken  size  few gaffers.
and we will  try again  sunday  3  more to  go   uggggh

Mitch  ya aint missing a thing.

bill19803

im gonna  find out  if reports  are good   or mostly fluff.  boat leaves  at  430 pm  sunday  report on  tuesday

Newell Nut

Good Luck, Hurricane Mathew is headed North.

Alto Mare

Bill, there is always next time. If fishing was easy, we would quickly lose interest ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bill19803

yep  it  aint easy  but   id sure like to see  someone catch a  fish  besides  mahi mahi.  but  rumor has  it  and fishing reports confirm  it that  fish are coming into the  area.  maybe this time is the time all  heck breaks loose.  the  eternal  fishing  optimist

STRIPER LOU

Bill, I have been fortunate enough to see some amazing fishing before a big storm. Don't know as if I'd do it again.
There definitely comes a time when your safety outweighs the chance of a monster.

If your fishing inshore it might not be too bad but if your out in the Canyons its a long, long, way from home.
GL and be safe,  ..  Lou

bill19803

back  from  voyage   number 4  in the  2016  sword/tuna  quest. from  reports  i  was  passenger on hiliner in the fleet. if  you call  one  sword   3  60 lb yellows  for the boat  hilining.headed  out of  Belmar, NJ  sunday  afternoon.did  some  serious  traveling   but finally  got  there.  sut up  my gear   atd80/spectra and waited  and  waited. nada  for  everyone. finally boss  man  says  pull  em  in  we  are  going to make a  move. cranked  and cranked  but  when  you have  300  yards out  its a lot of  cranking.  boom  rod almost  yanked  out of  my  hand   but  nothing  there.  get  my  jumbo  squid  back   totally   destroyed  by a  slashing  sword.
and  that  was  my action  and all  the action  for  my  end of the  boat. 3  yellows  to  60  plus  sword  for the  bow.
i  guess  that  why they call  it  fishing  not catching.
discouraged   uh huh   disappointed  yep no ones fault  but the fish  gods  i guess. crew as  always  was  great  sorting tangles,  undoing  birds nests, chunking and  just trying to lighten  the  gloomy atmosphere.
beginning to  wonder  if  mid atlantic yellowfins  have found a  secret passageway and shortcut to  california.
so  for 9  days i get to rest and recuperate (needed badly)  before doing it all over again.  beginning to  think i  had  masochistic  tendencies when i made the reservations.

coastal_dan

Thanks for the update Bill...Good Luck!  Reading varying reports from the Voyager and Jamaica II...
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

newport

Again, I appreciate you lending me your gear--testing out the rod and reel. It's just too bad I couldn't test it out on any fish, and even though the bite was bad, it is also perhaps partly my own fault for not catching anything either (you know what I mean, lol). I must admit, the international was a bit too big and difficult to handle. Not quite ready to deal with spectra line either; that was a pain to reel back in. I wouldn't admit it at the time. Still itching for another trip. I will try to do one more.

Bill B

Good reports, enjoyed reading them.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

bill19803

yep  all the boats caught  tuna  one or two for the boat. we were within sight of  brooklyn  sunday in canyons. radio reports said they got 2  fish  not sure how  they finished  out. but  certainly  wasnt a good day for the fleet

bill19803

so i  went  again  and i  got back  nuff said   one  more to  go

Dominick

Hey Reuben he doesn't want to talk about. Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bluefish69

The Capt. of the Brooklyn VI posted on FB. They had 32 YFT today.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

bill19803