Carbontex washers de-laminating?

Started by bunnymoney, October 18, 2015, 08:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunnymoney

Hi!

Two weeks ago I purchased 4 packs of Shimano 9908 carbontex washers from Dawn.

Last week I went to install them in my 2500 and 3000 FKs.

While working on the first two reels I greased the washers with regular Cal's rubbing them between my fingers. Three of the first six washers de-laminated into a very thin piece and a thicker piece. I installed the thicker pieces into there drag stack and set the thin layers aside. For the last six washers I only squeezed the Cal's into the washers without rubbing.

A while back I installed quite a few stacks of carbontex washers into many ABU Ambassadeurs and had only two washers de-laminate. I didn't think much about it at the time and loaded the thicker layer into the stack.

Now I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I really don't think so. Here's some photos to show the thin (you can see through it) layer.

I haven't figured out how to post pics here so here's a link to SOL:  http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/630890-question-about-carbontex-drags/

tia for any help/info

Lew :)

handi2

Hey Lew,

I did comment on the Stripers forum and I gave you Dawns phone number. She is on this forum when she has time and will comment.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

bunnymoney

Thanks again handi2 ,

I just can't believe I'm the only one seeing this "EVER". :)

Robert Janssen

Yes, I just answered you on SOL too.

Wolli

this the only way to separate the two carbontex layers!
the cf will not burn, only the adhesive.
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Dawn

Well...don't know exactly what the problem would be.  Bad piece, bad sheet??  I noticed some of these seemed less rigid than some others, may be not enough resin.
I will set those aside just in case.
So...I'd be glad to replace whatever needs replacing.  Just give me a call.
I have a new batch of 9908, so hopefully better.

Dawn
Dawn