handle upgrades - please read this first

Started by alantani, December 19, 2008, 07:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

they are slightly larger in diameter and a little shorter in over all length. the kids like them alot!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

coolcamera

Alan, would the handles fit a Penn 545GS and a Penn 525 Mag?

alantani

easily.  you just drill out the old grip and bolt on the new one.   ;D

19whaler

Hi Alan,

Looking to upgrade my Penn narrow 505hs with your stainless gear sleeve and handle kit. My question, will I need to change the arm & handle and if so, do you have an arm that will accommodate the change? I will send you a check after receiving your reply.

Thanks,
Les Yee

alantani

thanks, les.  the gear sleeve is easy.  send a pm with your address and i'll send it out.  when it arrives, send a check.  the handle is another issue.  i have the 2/0 kolekars that are great, but you have to do some drilling.  i also have the penn jigmaster power handle.  the price is currently $20.  i bought a bunch at the old price of $15 and i'm still selling them at that price.  alan

19whaler

Alan: Question regarding the penn power handle in your inventory, does it look like the 24-12LT, 24N-310, or the 24-55.

Board4life

Quote from: alantani on August 16, 2010, 03:05:12 PM
they may seem to large at first, but i've started using the 6/0 grips on all my long range reels.  they worked great on this last trip on the intrepid.

Hey Alan... I really like the design of these handles. Do you have the tapered ones just a slight bit smaller than the 6/0? I am looking for two. One for my Tekota 800 and one for my Penn113h Jvariance conversion.

Bryan Young

The handles that are slightly smaller in diameter are the spinner handles, but no taper.  I use them on jigmaster sized reels and spinner larger than 4500s.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Board4life

So you would recomend the 6/0? I am worried they may be just a little too big.

alantani

either the 4/0 or 6/0 would work fine.  in part it depends on the size of the fish you are chasing. 

ccalls

Alan, how about adding something to these handles so that the delron grip in your hand can pivot. Say 30 degrees each way?

alantani

i tried one of those one time.  i think reel colors makes it. 

hated it.   :-\

Hogginhank

What size handle would you recommend for a TLD 15. I will be using it from my kayak for sharks. Thanks. Hank

alantani

a 4/0 grip is what i usually recommend. got a stainless steel handle arm to go with it. 

broadway

I have 2 of those reel colors handles on my 114hlw's.  I like the idea, but it doesn't feel comfortable at all in my wrist. Also, the cushioning on the handle is HUGE!... and I'm 6'5" with an XL glove.  Tom must be making these things for basketball players with broken wrists  ;D
PS- they ain't cheap either,
Dom