handle upgrades - please read this first

Started by alantani, December 19, 2008, 07:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

alantani

you were the only one that got something back fast.  it just worked out that way.  everything else is 2 weeks to 2 months behind!!!!   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

virpacalis

After reading many positive comments on your reel handles, I'd like to try one of them on my Penn Torque 200 star drag. I think your 4/0 (without taper) should be a good choice. If I mail in to you my current handle, with payment ($30?), will that suffice?

Thank you for your help,
JDM

Cman67

Quote from: alantani on July 11, 2012, 11:54:47 PM
you were the only one that got something back fast.  it just worked out that way.  everything else is 2 weeks to 2 months behind!!!!   :-\

Now if I could be so lucky this Saturday out on the water...  :)

Thanks Again Alan!

alantani

Quote from: virpacalis on July 12, 2012, 03:43:13 AM
After reading many positive comments on your reel handles, I'd like to try one of them on my Penn Torque 200 star drag. I think your 4/0 (without taper) should be a good choice. If I mail in to you my current handle, with payment ($30?), will that suffice?

Thank you for your help,
JDM

send a pm with your address and i will mail it out.  we leave for australia 5 days!

virpacalis

a_taka

Alan do you still have power handles for a jigmaster for sale. And whats the price. Thanks

alantani

got lots of stuff.  send an e-mail to me next week and we can figure out which one is best for you.  alantani@yahoo.com

wascallywabit

Alan, I recieved the 6/0 Kolekar handle the other day for my Baja Special. The install went smooth and I'm itching to put it to the test against some yft next month off the Jersey coast. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again!

alantani

i think you'll really like it.  it may feel akward at first, but you will get used to it quickly. 

spes

Hi Alan,
How much for a handle AND a ss arm for a jigmaster 500s?

Ty

alantani

the 2/0 grip is $26, the 4/0 grip is $30, there is a $10 stainless steel arm that i do not like that is $10, and there is a complete penn jigmaster power handle for $15. 

seaquin

alan
sent you a PM about some handles and tld kits a few weeks ago and havnt received any parts, wondering if you got it?

alantani

stil plowing through pm's.  coming up next!

rcantrell

Alan

I have 2 Daiwa SLX50SHA and 1 Grandwave Z 50 that I would like to to pt 4/0 grips on. I don't believe they will fit on the current handles. Do you have an option for a full handle replacement that will fit these or would the Spinning reel grips fit? I have one of the 6/0 grips that I put on a 900H that works great. 

alantani

the spindle for the spinner has a smaller diameter.  honestly, for these larger reels, i would still use the 4/0 grip.  it will overhang a little, but i think you will hardly notice it.  the spindle for the 4/0 is the same size as the 6/0 that you already have.  either one will be an improvement, though.   your choice!