handle upgrades - please read this first

Started by alantani, December 19, 2008, 07:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i have the 5/0 grips.  they start out as the same bar stock as the 6/0's, but the finish is fancier.  same price. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BobbyC

Oh ok. So it's $72 for both with shipping for the 5/0 handles? Do you still accept paypal??

alantani

Quote from: BobbyC on August 07, 2014, 11:40:40 PM
Oh ok. So it's $72 for both with shipping for the 5/0 handles? Do you still accept paypal??

it will likely be $33 each plus $3 for shipping.  haven't gotten to my pm's yet.  still fighting off a bad cold.  send a pm with your address and i will try to get everything shipped out tomorrow.  thanks!   alan

crackerman

I have Alan's 5/0 grip and drag upgrade in my daiwa 900h, and I have to say, it is the most comfortable my hand has ever ben cranking in some 1lb spider weights! I love, it, thanks alan.
I might be ordering a 3/0 for my 4/0 before too long.

alantani

got just the 3/0's and 5/0's now.  feel a little better.  got 12 hours of sleep last night. 

BobbyC

Quote from: alantani on August 08, 2014, 06:31:06 AM
Quote from: BobbyC on August 07, 2014, 11:40:40 PM

it will likely be $33 each plus $3 for shipping.  haven't gotten to my pm's yet.  still fighting off a bad cold.  send a pm with your address and i will try to get everything shipped out tomorrow.  thanks!   alan

Which PayPal email should I send it to?

Hoochrip

Hi Alan,
Hope your feeling better. Do you have any ss jigmaster blanks left?
Thanks,
Hoochrip
Mark

alantani

got lots!  send a pm with your address and i will ship it out!

OTR_ALLSTAR

Mr. Tani, I'm interested in those Kolekar grips. Are they still available? Thank you sir

alantani

Got a bunch.  Send me a pm and we'll talk.

wolvie

This thread seems a bit stale so I hope I am not posting in the wrong place.  If so, let me know.

I have a kolekar handle that seized up on me on a trip yesterday.  I had been enjoying it on a baja special for several years without incident and rinsing and lubing it after each trip along with the reel, but perhaps I should have been doing more.

It was not squeaking or giving any other indication of a problem, so I am not sure what happened, but even after removing the screw at each end it will not come loose, so I am unsure how to get it apart.  Any hints?

alantani

yeah, it's 304 stainless against 308 stainless, so that will happen over time.  i lube them when i put them together, but it (obviously) will not last forever.  on the grip side you will see an hex head machine screw.  it a right handed screw, so it comes out counterclockwise.  i use a different machine screw now.  the socket is larger so you can really crank down on them.  send a pm with your address and i can mail you the new screws.  worst case, send me the handle grip and i can crack it apart, clean it up and relube it for you. 

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

wolvie

Just for closure - I managed to get it apart and it looks like something got into the mechanism.  You can see two places where it dug into the shaft and where it scraped up as I separated them.  There was still lubricant on it, albeit a bit gray.  

I am not sure how that can happen with the washer and screw on the knob side and the tight tolerances on the other end. I am going to buff/polish and put it back together, with a generous amount of marine grease.

I took apart my other three, which all came apart easily, looked fine, and were still lubed, but I cleaned and regreased them anyway.  I will add it to my yearly maintenance.

alantani