Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

broadway

You guys are the best! Two guesses what I'm doing this weeekend ;)
Thank you much
Dom

Swami805

I have quite a few Harnells, they are all coated black over brown glass. The gold is tape,must have been degraded and came off like thread.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

oc1

Quote from: Swami805 on April 20, 2018, 12:27:47 PM
The gold is tape,must have been degraded and came off like thread.
No, it was not the tape.  I said gold but it was the usual yellow/gold nylon thread.  I pulled a piece out of the trash and took a picture.

-steve

54bullseye

Well almost done with the 16/0  Harnell combo. I have some new studs for the rod clamp coming so can't put line back on yet. Right now it's all the way it came I even cleaned up the original butt instead of using my new one. There is some brass showing here and there but at least it ain't green !! The rod came out real good !     John Taylor

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Benni3

Swami805

Very nice John, you got the marshmallow almost blinding white.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

broadway

Really nice work, John.  I'm glad I didn't get that combo because I couldn't have brought that rod back to life like you have.
The reel came out great for what it was just last week. ;)
Those grips came out silly good.
Thanks for showing
Dom

1badf350

Dom is a good guy for not buying it out from under you.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

oc1

Really classy and a really classic combo.  It epitomizes a time.  Nice work as always John.
-steve

54bullseye

Thanks !  I am going to put original line back on and hanger up.  John Taylor

Long Enuff

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

really nice work John, thanks for showing us, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Tiddlerbasher

That is a brilliant job John welldone that man!