Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

1badf350

Dom i replaced the bearings since it's getting shelved. If anybody wants them (free) let me know.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Alto Mare

You're a classy guy Chris!...you will make someone here very happy.

Very nice.   

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

54bullseye

I will take them Chris if you don't want them for a 112 .    John Taylor

broadway

Very nice of you, Chris ... John, you'll enjoy the smoothness.
Dom

Maxed Out

Recently stumbled onto a Long Beach 68 that nobody else wanted...till I came along ;D  Also bought a 67 for pocket change as a donor reel, but after cleaning off the old grime, I decided it was too nice to use for a parts reel.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

thorhammer

WOW!!!! very nice. I have several 68's, an undersung piece if there is one, but mine are of the retired-from-headboat variety, not those queens you got there brother!

broadway

Sure wouldn't mind stumbling with you some day, Ted.  I'm blind from that glare! 8)
Nice finds,
Dom

mo65

Ted's donors look they came off some collector's top shelf. The donors I buy look like a barnacle farm. Nice LBs Ted!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

Well, I fish anodized lever drags and a bunch of graphite this-that-and-the-other for other things. BUT I wish I could go back in time, and walk into Abercrombie and Fitch before they started selling pants I can't get one thigh in, and see polished chrome for sale, and Harnell's, Magnaflex, St.Croix and Fenwicks, to smell fresh varnish and metal polish...so much more than the aluminum spools and plastic frames now....

Dominick

Quote from: mo65 on January 21, 2019, 02:17:16 AM
  The donors I buy look like a barnacle farm.

I almost spit out a glass of wine.  Very funny Mo.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Swami805

I remember going into Abercrombie and Fitch when I was a kid and marveling at all that high end gear, alot of fly gear,creels and the like. I could never picture myself in one of those tweed coats with the patches on the elbows. Reality would set in and back to scrounging for blue chip stamps around the house for a new reel.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

steelfish

Quote from: Darin Crofton on January 19, 2019, 08:15:52 PM
Quote from: steelfish on January 19, 2019, 08:07:18 PM
Quote from: Darin Crofton on January 19, 2019, 08:01:57 PM
Found: Penn 12/0
Where: 30min drive
Price: $60
Condition: needs some love

it needs much much less love than mine  ;D ;D :D
nice find for $60.00
I was thinking of you when I picked it up yesterday ;D

The Baja Guy

Penn Chronology

QuoteRecently stumbled onto a Long Beach 68 that nobody else wanted...till I came along Grin  Also bought a 67 for pocket change as a donor reel, but after cleaning off the old grime, I decided it was too nice to use for a parts reel.

Ted, you do realize that your old parts reels look better than my NOS reels................ That is beginning to depress me..........................................<:O(

milne

Picked up this puppy today,
By my accounts, it's a first generation 9/0, and with the handle, should be a first year  36 ?????

It's my second first generation now, it looks like a pup next to the 12/0,
It's not the best of conditions, has some issues, but a good clean up should have it looking in OK condition.
My photo's aren't the best, but someone may have taken to it with the intent of buffing it up, or maybe this has some decent use.

Col