Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

oc1

We've all seen cracked rings because of the bakelite swelling.  But, has anyone ever seen a reel that warped or just blew up because of a cracked ring?  Even when cracked it is still providing support.
-steve

Swami805

These rings look cracked from over tightening or getting banged around or dropped. I have a 9/0 as a donor waiting for cortez side plates so I have some fresh rings if I need them. Not period correct but they'd work
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Crow

I got a "gift" in today's mail ! I pulled off the bent reel stand, installed this one that Chris so kindly shared, and shined things up .a bit !
Looks a LOT better , now that things are "straight with the world" !   Waiting a chance to "pay it forward"...thanks again, Chris !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

54bullseye

Crow

Yup ! As Ringo say's..."I get by with a little help from my friends !"...Thanks, again !

It's a cold windy, rainy day here in northern Illinois....again ! So, I have been working on my "' $.99 special"  New guides.......probably would have been a neater job if I would have used duct tape (my wrapping skills suck !)......new varnish, the reel all cleaned up and lubed....some "salvaged" old-school nylon braid spooled up. It looks a "little" better than when I got it !  I "strung" it as a "lefty" !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Maxed Out

Haven't had much time for searching lately, but clicked on fleabay last week and found a sleeper listing for one of my favorite reels. I was the only bidder which don't bother me a bit !! Nice of you guys (and gals) to let me win one once in a while  :D ;)

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Crow

Benni3

broadway

I love the anniversary reels and that one is so minty sexy!
Nice find Ted,
Dom

Benni3

I had to get this 6/0  ::)

Maxed Out

Benni, that's a 1940's model and looks to be 100% era correct. Bet it's caught lots of fish stories !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

steelfish

Quote from: Benni3 on November 10, 2017, 08:21:44 PM
I had to get this 6/0  ::)

looks like its ready to get a smallmouth bass  :P :P
The Baja Guy

Benni3

Thanks ted it looks like it will clean up nice  :D and Alex the clips are in the mail  :)

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!