Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl L

Decker, wheres the copied penn catalog data ??? Pic did'nt show up... please...

Decker

Quote from: Carl L on March 29, 2018, 01:01:04 AM
Decker, wheres the copied penn catalog data ??? Pic did'nt show up... please...

Carl, it's easy to miss the PDF link, right here:   http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=15800.msg279730#msg279730

Tiddlerbasher

A while back I was watching a recording of the 'Salvage Hunters' (Quest Channel) - When I caught a glimpse of sparkling chrome in a display cabinet - replayed the clip a few times - yep there she was :)

It transpired that Drew (The Salvage Hunter) was only interested in the brass framed display case - silly man :D
The TV program could have been filmed up to a year ago so I wasn't expecting the shop to still have the reel.
Anyway - long story short - I phoned them and yep they still had it. A few emails and photos later plus a bit of haggling and we agreed a price, subject to viewing.
It hadn't been fished much, i doubt it has ever seen a screwdriver (the screw heads were perfect!). After removing the line there was a bit of rash on the spool that would probably clean up nicely. The only other thing was a slightly torqued handle (that will straighten).
So here is my latest a lovely Penn 115.

ReelFishingProblems

bhale1

Wow, that doesn't happen often. Way to go!
Brett

swill88

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

mo65

I scored this sweet boxed 165 for $32.75 shipped! It's not mine...I was just the buyer. My brother was out of town on business so I bought for him. The listing didn't say the box was stuffed, it only showed the box and reel. Needless to say my brother was stoked. 8)

Maxed Out

Nice reel Mo, but I think your brother got ripped off....the price on the box says $6  ;)  ;)
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

Great find on that 9/0 Chris. ;)
That is pretty unbelievable that you saw that reel on a show and chased it down.
Man on a Mission. ;)
Life is Good!

oc1

Mike, how does that Penn oil look after all these years?
-steve

mo65

Quote from: oc1 on March 31, 2018, 06:32:23 AM
Mike, how does that Penn oil look after all these years?
-steve

If I'm remembering correctly Steve it was still sealed! There was no pin hole in the tin...she's unopened.

Tiddlerbasher

Daron - it took a couple of weeks to nail it - but mission acomplished :)

Donnyboat

Nice reel Chris, good story, about 3 weeks ago I brought a 9/0, a Penn 333GTI self level reel and a Okooma T20L, for Au $50.00 the lot, the 9/0 polished up a bit rough, internally all good, do me to fish with, Nice reel Mike, happy brother alright, I would be to. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat