Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

kungajim

and then the Peer 209.  this one is in really good condition.  I'm planning on using this one as I've just started to do some salt water fishing and this seems like it will be a great reel for me.

so many baits....so little time

Swami805

Those should clean up nicely. Love those mottled plates always a little bonus
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Crow

Looks to be in pretty good condition !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Bill B

I guess I am on a 9/0 kick right now, picked up my second yesterday from an older gentleman in a high desert near me.  Could not pass up the price of $65....15 cheaper than the non-numbered from last month....and being from Southern California it has the darn rock cod warrior handle too...I think I have 4 of them now....gonna go broke replacing them  >:(   I am happy it has the cast bronze spool and bearing though.  Will need to replace the three THICK  :o asbestos drags though and may as well toss a SS gear sleeve in too while it's open.   Bill

Here are the tails plates from the non-numbered on the left and the recent addition on the right.....

And the darn rock cod handle...errrrr
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Benni3

Got to love the 9/0's Great find,,,bill

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

1badf350

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 18, 2017, 08:45:46 PM
Nice Bill. ;)
I hate those Handles too. >:(
LOL i was gonna PM you and see if you wanted the two I had. Guess that answers that.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Swami805

I have a few too, Maybe we can send them to Fred for his lamp project. A homage to old school rock codding
Do what you can with that you have where you are

foakes

I have a drawerful also!

Might make good upgraded cranks for homemade ice cream mixers.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Maxed Out

Another pre war long beach 60 joins the family. Just gave it a fast wipedown. Every piece of this one is all original to 1941. The generic logo only says "long Beach" so it would have yardage stamp under the seat to determine which model it was, but for some reason they never yardage stamped the "optional" lb60 clamp seat, even though it only fit a few reels, all of which were 250yd models

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

thorhammer

Tightlines667

Nice reel Ted.

You have got to have one of the most extensive collections of early LB reels around, certainly some of the nicest reels.  Is this your first prewar with the clamp kit?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

festus

l'm thinking about buying this 209 and 309 from an online freind who lives about 700 miles away.  He says they are functional but sort of faded from sunburn.

Anybody got a suggesion of what l should pay for them? l don't need the rods.

broadway

Really nice piece ya got there,Ted.  Love when the mold is new so the impression on the tailplate is deep, standing proud like that '41.
Keep 'em coming,
Dom

thorhammer

Quote from: festus on December 19, 2017, 03:34:30 AM
l'm thinking about buying this 209 and 309 from an online freind who lives about 700 miles away.  He says they are functional but sort of faded from sunburn.

Anybody got a suggesion of what l should pay for them? l don't need the rods.

$50 shipped IMO