Fenwick 130 w/Mildrum ... 'Jaws Rod' ...market is up

Started by Tightlines667, November 02, 2015, 01:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Sal or anyone else with a vintage Fenwick..
now may be the time to polish her up and post it up on EBay...

check out this listing..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272027170973

Sold for $1,125.00 after 44 bids

just make sure to post it in the "Movie Memorabilia > Props" section :)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

John, thanks for the heads up. Believe it or not, that's a little low.
The condition my set is in, it needs to go a little north of that ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Superhook

Sold with the 16/0 reel which looks in very good condition. The 130lb Fenwicks are not seen very often . Probably not too bad really. Reel has the later handle though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penn-Senator-16-0-with-/131627521882?hash=item1ea59c975a%3Ag%3AxnkAAOSw14xWHei5&nma=true&si=JfqMhB2fZEDQHvkx4wltE5WOJpk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Someone sold a Fenwick 80lb and large Penn for a big dollar amount . They were alluding to the Jaws combo too. I think it was around the same price.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Penn Chronology

The rod was a mis-match for the reel. It was only a 60 pound class rod with stainless steel butt.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Superhook on November 02, 2015, 04:08:26 AM
Sold with the 16/0 reel which looks in very good condition. The 130lb Fenwicks are not seen very often . Probably not too bad really. Reel has the later handle though.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penn-Senator-16-0-with-/131627521882?hash=item1ea59c975a%3Ag%3AxnkAAOSw14xWHei5&nma=true&si=JfqMhB2fZEDQHvkx4wltE5WOJpk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Someone sold a Fenwick 80lb and large Penn for a big dollar amount . They were alluding to the Jaws combo too. I think it was around the same price.
My set is new.
My sticker on my set is $1500, that would the number, IF I  ever decide to get rid of those.
Most likely, I will hold on to them.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

UKChris

Quote from: Penn Chronology on November 03, 2015, 07:58:23 AM
The rod was a mis-match for the reel. It was only a 60 pound class rod with stainless steel butt.

Sorry 'PC' but I'm not sure I understand. The brown Fenwick rod in the first post is clearly marked 130lb and has the Mildrum rollers that Fenwick, and others, fitted to 80lb and 130lb rods. So far as I'm aware, Fenwick did not make a 60lb rod in this series but perhaps I'm misreading something or you were talking about a different sale in which case I apologise.

In any event, I'm glad I got mine off my mate before he saw this thread  ;) or he might have bumped the price up.

Penn Chronology

I was referring to the EBay listing.

The seller is claiming his rod is a duplicate to the one used in the Jaws movie, yet it is one a 60 pound class rod. That is what is printed on the blank. Possibly, the glare in the photo is making it hard for my old eyes to see and it is a 80 pound blank, either way, it is not a 130 pound class rod. I have to pull out mine and check it.

Later, have to go to work now.

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Shark Hunter

These are two different Auctions. The first one that John posted is a 130lb rod.
The second, posted by Ray is an 80lb rod.
Life is Good!

Steve-O

The glare makes the 80 look like 60.

conchydong

Wow, I've got a 670 130lb class that I use as my heavy deep drop rod. Thing has put tons of meat in the boat but it is not original. Guides and wraps have been changed along with a Aftco bent butt jury rigged. Great stick for it's purpose.

Penn Chronology

QuoteWork during the week Mike?
Yes Dan. Retirement is not in the cards for me. I am an airline employee since 1974. After the Corporate Raiders got through with TWA, my career and pension went to the Cayman Islands into some wealthy business guys private bank account. Then I moved to American Airlines and the same thing is happening there. I will retire in my next life.

UKChris

fishgrain

I had one of those not too long ago. went fast. here are the pics.