Fenwick 130 w/Mildrum ... 'Jaws Rod' ...market is up

Started by Tightlines667, November 02, 2015, 01:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Nice rod!  Yours appears to have been in exceptional condition.  How did you make out on the sale?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

fishgrain

some of the roller frames were a little torqued to the side and the fore grip was pretty crispy but overall clean. used many times but well cared for.

i sold it for $225 blade only

coastal_dan

Quote from: Penn Chronology on November 04, 2015, 06:29:45 AM
QuoteWork during the week Mike?
Yes Dan. Retirement is not in the cards for me. I am an airline employee since 1974. After the Corporate Raiders got through with TWA, my career and pension went to the Cayman Islands into some wealthy business guys private bank account. Then I moved to American Airlines and the same thing is happening there. I will retire in my next life.

I thought you only worked weekends?  I understand though, I'm 30 and my Dad retired at 49...I don't see that in the cards for our family, haha.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Dominick

Yes Dan. Retirement is not in the cards for me. I am an airline employee since 1974. After the Corporate Raiders got through with TWA, my career and pension went to the Cayman Islands into some wealthy business guys private bank account. Then I moved to American Airlines and the same thing is happening there. I will retire in my next life.
How do you say Carl Icahn?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Penn Chronology

QuoteHow do you say Carl Icahn?

That's Easy!            Dirty Rotten Low Life!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

If anyone has any interest in a near mint 1967 vintage Fenwick 670 130lb. "Jaws" rod and/or a Penn Senator 16/0, please take a look at the new post in the "For Sale" forum.

Thanks,

Randy

54bullseye

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 03, 2015, 11:29:18 AM
Quote from: Superhook on November 02, 2015, 04:08:26 AM
Sold with the 16/0 reel which looks in very good condition. The 130lb Fenwicks are not seen very often . Probably not too bad really. Reel has the later handle though.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penn-Senator-16-0-with-/131627521882?hash=item1ea59c975a%3Ag%3AxnkAAOSw14xWHei5&nma=true&si=JfqMhB2fZEDQHvkx4wltE5WOJpk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Someone sold a Fenwick 80lb and large Penn for a big dollar amount . They were alluding to the Jaws combo too. I think it was around the same price.
My set is new.
My sticker on my set is $1500, that would the number, IF I  ever decide to get rid of those.
Most likely, I will hold on to them.

Sal
Sal
John Taylor here. I was looking at your display of Fenwick's the other day and now I am either looking on wrong thread or the pictures are blocked because of photo buckets rules ? I also have a few big Fenwick's and would like to compare reel seats and butts from different years so help me find your pics and we can compare serial numbers and components.   John

Alto Mare

Hello John, I don't have many Fenwick, the 130 class I sold short after I posted the pics the first time...I could kick myself ::).
I'm hoping that's not the one John showed us above, I would be very upset if it was.
Here are the couple of Fenwick I owe:

Even though the printing is wearing off on the 130 Fenglass, these are all new, except the little guy at the bottom.

These I purchased as a set and the serial number shows so:

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Miles Offshore

Wow , those are beautiful old fenwicks! Have some myself, not the 80/130 s though!
Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

1badf350

Nice Sal! Those 660s with the I serial number date to 68-69. They have a deluxe butt end with Lakeland 8163M reel seat.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Swami805

I worked for continental when I was in college, moved to houston tx from la to get hub experience because I wanted to make a career out of it. I'd been there about 6 months when Frank Lorenzo bought it. Went from a great job to qualifying for food stamps.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Penn Chronology

Work during the week Mike?

"""I worked for continental when I was in college, moved to houston tx from la to get hub experience because I wanted to make a career out of it. I'd been there about 6 months when Frank Lorenzo bought it. Went from a great job to qualifying for food stamps."""

This is not the forum to be discussing the Corporate Raiders of the USA. Especially when we have one as our president. Suffice to say is they belong to an Elite Club that none of us could qualify for.

Alto Mare

Thanks Mike, yes let's try to keep that stuff off here.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

Sorry, Feel free to delete it, just feeling your pain
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Alto Mare

Quote from: Swami805 on January 28, 2018, 05:33:56 PM
Sorry, Feel free to delete it, just feeling your pain
Not a problem Sheridan, it wasn't directed to you personally, just a good time for a friendly reminder to others as well. :)

Best,

Sal