THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mizmo67

~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

thorhammer

I fly down in the morning.  That's a google shot. Mo thanks for the parts. That was my Slammer 360 spool you sent last week for my backup with fluoro and all the nuts fir new Strikemaster clamps.

thorhammer

Me and the Tank are boarding for Out Islands. I had to laugh when the tsa dude tried to pick up my reel bag with one hand. He thought it was stuck on the conveyor.

Learning: I packed Reels and laptop in cooler bag as carry on.  The foil lining blacks out x ray so you will have to unpack for inspection. FYI

Alto Mare

Can't wait for the full report...no pressure ;)
Have a great time John, take lots of pics for us.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

Today I get the bigger boat for the week. Here's a little view though

Shark Hunter

You better cover up that noggin'. :D
Looks amazing.
I righted that pic for ya.
Life is Good!

thorhammer

Thanks I knew you would!!

Dominick

Hey John you are supposed to angle the camera to show the Tank not just the fish.  ;)  Nice fish.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

thorhammer

Dom no loctite in handle. Binding screw came out fortunately I was reeling in. Got the knob but need screw. Will switch off to Alan's 5/0

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: thorhammer on May 03, 2017, 06:36:29 PM
Dom no loctite in handle. Binding screw came out fortunately I was reeling in. Got the knob but need screw. Will switch off to Alan's 5/0
Arrrgh!  Sorry about that.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Nice Do-Do John!
This is the second time the knob comes lose on the Tank while in action, I'm thinking Blue loctite isn't cutting it, we might need to go with Red :-\

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

Sal knob can be solved but freespool on the Tank is fantastic. I'm gonna surf fish with it and put in some STP in the beatings to make it castable like a Suiddef 😎🕺🏼😆

STRIPER LOU

Sal, you are correct on the loctite.  Blue is almost minimal and in my installation guide, stronger is recommended for heavy usage. Its extremely important to clean the inner and outer threads before putting a few drops of loctite.

Its also important that the hole in the handle not be to large. If you are going to use the red, you made consider a few drops up near the head end of the screw. If you cover all the threads it will take heat and thensum to remove it!  ;D  >:(

This stuff works especially well if you've ever tried to disassemble and Accurate knob and handle. They take it on step further and use a locktite primer! Mega strong!

If you have any questions, please refer to my simple installation guide for Acrylics or contact me.

Regard's,  ..  Lou

PS although I did recommend something stronger for heavy users I would stay away from any of the bearing fits grades of Loctite. From previous experience, the only way to remove using theses grades of Loctite are with a torch. Red would be a more logical choice.