THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

My friend Wayne el pescador was over the house when I packed up the tank to send to John Thorhammer.  I mentioned that I could not find the log to send along.  He did not say anything.  Okay I figured it would turn up some day.  Guess where it was?  BTW Wayne should have covered his bases and asked me not to bust him online.   ::)  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

He asked me not to and I agreed, pending a CD of our salmon trip. He's sending it to me and I will annotate accordingly.

Counselor, would you prefer I hold it until you return from Cabo so it doesn't sit in your mailbox or wherever for a bit?

El Pescador

JC!

I've got two of the best friends NO body ever wanted!

And I have just a little something for each of you two when I see both ;D

Now that the cards are on the table, YES the Tank log book is moving along!

To the community of fishermen on this site ....     we are good.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

ez2cdave

El Pescador

YES You Knuckleheads out there!

A Bridal Shower for our Son's Fiance.

They are getting married on Sept. 30 - and my wife, Jennifer, gave Cheyenne a Bridal Shower last Sunday.

During the clean up after the party, I FOUND THE TANK LOG BOOK. ;D

You can see our unorganized and messy our home is - surprised I found it.

DONE.

Wayne

ez2cdave

Quote from: El Pescador on June 10, 2017, 03:38:24 PM
YES You Knuckleheads out there!

A Bridal Shower for our Son's Fiance.

They are getting married on Sept. 30 - and my wife, Jennifer, gave Cheyenne a Bridal Shower last Sunday.

During the clean up after the party, I FOUND THE TANK LOG BOOK. ;D

You can see our unorganized and messy our home is - surprised I found it.

DONE.

Wayne

Wayne,

Most important question . . . Does she like to fish ?

LOL !

Tight Lines !

El Pescador

ex2cdave!

Interesting, she is from the western side of Oahu, grew up there all her life and two interesting things.

1)  She has NEVER fished! - but enjoys eating fish

2) NEVER swam in the ocean - too rough on the western side of Oahu.

But her soon-to-be-hubby is a fishing nut, just like his Dear old Dad!!!!

Either way, we are so very excited to have her as our Daughter-in-Law, or DIL as we call her.

Wayne

ez2cdave

Quote from: El Pescador on June 11, 2017, 01:23:42 PM
ex2cdave!

Interesting, she is from the western side of Oahu, grew up there all her life and two interesting things.

1)  She has NEVER fished! - but enjoys eating fish

2) NEVER swam in the ocean - too rough on the western side of Oahu.

But her soon-to-be-hubby is a fishing nut, just like his Dear old Dad!!!!

Either way, we are so very excited to have her as our Daughter-in-Law, or DIL as we call her.

Wayne

Sounds like some "bridal training" is in order, before Wedding Day . . . LOL !

Tight Lines !

Dominick

I arrived in San Jose del Cabo on Tuesday June 13, 2017.  I was happy to arrive.  The flights were on time and I met my fishing buddy Joe from New Jersey at the airport.  Both flights arrived within 5 minutes of each other.  Weather was in the low nineties and slightly humid.  We did not fish on Wednesday but scheduled a boat for Thursday.  We fished on Thursday to a mildly windy day.  Fishing in general was slow all over the area. 

Here is the Tank in all its glory with the Sea of Cortez as a background.

Capitano Lupe sending out a rigged Ballyhoo.

We hit onto a school of Wahoo and ended with 3 short strikes and one nice sized one lost at the boat.

Here is Joe fighting the Wahoo that was lost at the boat.  The fish saw the shadow of the boat and made a last ditch run and threw the hook.

Here is Coby the mate holding a trigger fish I caught.  These are good eating fish off the grill.

We also caught several needle fish and a couple of snapper.

Here I am fishing hard and soaking up some sun.

It worked I caught this Snapper.

We did not fish Friday as planned and then canceled Saturday because of 20 knot winds.  We fish Sunday with Ricardo Aripez on the Fati.  We specifically targeted Rooster Fish and fished the surf from his boat.  We had fun getting lots of hits and lost all of the fish except for a decent sized snapper.  We could see the snapper fighting with the Rooster fish over the Cabillito we were trolling.

Here we are getting bait off the bait boat.

Here is Capitano Ricardo with the Snapper.

Then me with the same fish.

One of the Needle fish we caught.  We let the Needle fish go except for on big one.  One of the guys at the dock wanted it for ceviche. 

We fished again on Monday with Capitano Lupe.  As I reported earlier the fishing was slow.  There were some scattered Tuna in the area but we only saw two at the dock.  The winds were coming from the southwest bringing cold water off the Pacific into the Sea of Cortez.  There was a lot of bait in the water so we tried to fish the bait balls for Dorado.  I hooked into one big Dorado.  Unfortunately the hit was on one of the boat rods and not the one with the Tank.

Here we are back at the cutting tables at the marina.  This is at Puerto Los Cabo.  The locals still call the location La Playita.

The fish cutter is Salvador.  He is a good man and I have worked with him over the years.

El Pescador

Dominick!

Excellent Report!!!

Joe is looking great!

What night next week are you cooking Dorado??? ;D

Welcome back,

Wayne

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

BTW I forgot to mention the rod that the Tank is attached to.  It is a jigging rod from Alan Chui (Black Pearl) that has a good spine.  There is enough flex and good stiffness to be able to turn fish.  Dominick