THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Great report.  I love seeing the different locales, and approaches to fishing.  Pretty successful half-day outing there!

It occurs to me that this thread could use a running list of each species of fish caught on the tank.  I hope this project continues for awhile.  It kinda showcases what this site is all about.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 26, 2016, 09:46:38 AM
Great report and photos Chris, not a bad day out with that little boat.
Love that shot of the Tank next to your masterpiece, the fish don't look bad either.
I'm glad you got to use the Tank.
Thanks for being willing to give it a shot...you did good!

Sal

Chris, I join Sal in offering kudos for the photos and report.  If anyone else wants to use it we can direct Sal to send it to you instead of back to me.  How about someone in Malaysia, Africa, or South America? Somewhere exotic?   Wayne wants to use it in late October.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

anglingarchitect

From the begining with Dominicks post I reread this thread, all the way till the end, to see where it is now. love it.
Great pictures.

David Hall

Awesome day on the water Chris, you know that's the way it is, you never know when that jumbo will appear and in the mean time if you can steady pick schoolies that's just as well!
Good reading
Thanks for posting!

Shark Hunter

Good Job Chris. You put fish in the boat and gave the tank a little action.
You are doing a lot better than me.
My Hats off to you sir. ;)
Life is Good!

Rothmar2

Thanks chaps, pleasure posting for you all here. I should have probably added the Tank reeled in 4 out of the 8 we boated, 2 each on my mutant, and a modded Chinese 114. I had the 500 in the boat, but it didn't get unfurled, as the conditions were a bit rolly, and it would have been just my luck that a jumbo would hit it, and we would be committed to a futile battle.

Posted the reel off this morning, Aus Post reckons 6 days back to Sal....I hope so, means that Dominick should get it in time for his trip?? I reckon the Tank would appreciate the change in weather!

anglingarchitect

Hey rogue I'm going to catch a big one for you when I go to the Cape in July, with my puny 9/0. ;D :'( ;D

Rancanfish

Great report.  But I have to say,  you have much bigger drags than me riding that little tin boat out there.

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Dominick

Quote from: Rancanfish on May 27, 2016, 03:22:29 PM
Great report.  But I have to say,  you have much bigger drags than me riding that little tin boat out there.

Me too.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

Me three, when I saw the pic of the boat I couldn't believe it!

Alto Mare

The Tank is safely in my possession.

Thanks for doing this Chris!

Dominick, I will go through it, see what it needs and send it on its way for its next journey.
Is Wayne getting it next?

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Sal, I think so.  We both will use it in October.  If anyone wants to use it they need to request it and either you or I will send it off.  I haven't fished yet.  We got here yesterday.  It is cold and windy down here in Los Cabos.  We'll try on Friday.  The forecast is for lighter winds then.  Dominick

Tightlines667

Quote from: Dominick on June 08, 2016, 10:07:53 PM
Sal, I think so.  We both will use it in October.  If anyone wants to use it they need to request it and either you or I will send it off.  I haven't fished yet.  We got here yesterday.  It is cold and windy down here in Los Cabos.  We'll try on Friday.  The forecast is for lighter winds then.  Dominick

Good luck!

I think you are due for another billfish.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

El Pescador

Quote from: Dominick on June 08, 2016, 10:07:53 PM
Sal, I think so.  We both will use it in October...

Does that mean you are fishing with me??? ::)

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Alto Mare

Very good, Domenico and Wayno. I'm guessing I won't go wrong sending it to either one of you guys ;D.

If anyone else would like to take the Tank for a spin, please let me know, you have a couple of months to try it.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.