THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 09, 2016, 12:42:37 AM
Very good, Domenico and Wayno. I'm guessing I won't go wrong sending it to either one of you guys ;D.

Sal

If you send it, please send to Dominick, I'll stop by for a glass of red & pick up the tank at the same time!!!!

Wayno
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

Sal, send it to me so I don't have to drink merlot.  ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

Okay everyone.  All you AT members anywhere in the world anxious to use the reel, please let us know.  It gets sent to you on our dime and the only cost to you is return shipping and a photo report.  Any takers?  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Minicuccio, the Tank is on its way back to you and ready for some serious abuse.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Did you just call me a little dog?  I don't know minicuccio.  Probably from your mountain dialect.  :D  It looks like there are no takers except for Wayne.  Thanks for the overhaul.  I have a GT 320LD that I leave down in Mexico.  I brought it back with me this trip to work on.  The clicker was not working.  I haven't worked on it in about 6 years.  The reel was in pretty good condition except for the clicker tongue which was worn to a nub.  I changed it out and stripped the line.  I really enjoy that reel for small tuna (20-30 lb) and Dorado.  I'll try to put a hurting on the Tank when I get it back from Wayne.  I'm going to make it my 30lb reel.  What line would you suggest.  Dominick

Alto Mare

Yes Minicuccio is dialect, it means little Dominick. This is a good thing, shows respect. 
As for line, I believe you have 80lbs on there, I would leave it as is.
Hard to believe our 4/0 became a 30lbs reel, I know it can handle it, but we need to prove it to many.
That reel is loaded with some nice parts, I was tempted to give you drilled titanium keyed washers from Lee, but decided to leave it as is. This Tank is plenty strong.
I just noticed your handle on my desk, I will put it in the mail as soon as I get a chance. Be aware there is a log book in the box with the reel.
The handle on the Tank has a little in and out play, after a few conversations with Alan and his men, we decided that was the way to go.
I can't wait to see what this reel could do.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Sal the question about the line was for the GT 320 LD.  I believe the max drag for the 320 is 10 lbs.  I intend to leave the Tank with 80 lb.  Dominick

Alto Mare

Sorry old man, I thought you meant the Tank. I would go with 40# braid, here we use 20lbs straight mono.

thorhammer

Dominick, if no one is on deck I might take the Tank Sept / Oct for 'hoo / mahi / grouper in NC.

Dominick

Quote from: thorhammer on June 29, 2016, 10:10:15 PM
Dominick, if no one is on deck I might take the Tank Sept / Oct for 'hoo / mahi / grouper in NC.
PM me your information.  Wayne wants to use it the last week in October.  You got it until then.  Too bad you did not get to me before Sal mailed it out.  I could have Sal ship it to you on his dime.  ::)  Dominick

thorhammer

Np. I look forward to it and privileged to try to get some blood on it as it follows the equator, like an old articulator.

John

Dominick

Quote from: thorhammer on June 30, 2016, 10:38:26 PM
Np. I look forward to it and privileged to try to get some blood on it as it follows the equator, like an old articulator.

John
John, I need your address if you want me to ship it to you.  BTW the Tank came with a log book that was started by Chris (Rothmar).  It is pretty cool.  I'll include the log with comments.  Dominick

Alto Mare

Great John! thanks for doing this. Try to put a hurting on the Tank ;).
Looking forward to your report.

Sal

Rothmar2

Sweet John, looking forward to reading a report or two. Hope you can put a triple figure fish on it.

mo65

This is great stuff...a built to the hilt reel traveling the world landing lunkers! Good luck thorhammer!  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~