THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglingarchitect

This thread represents the site well, so rare in todays internet.
I'm happy I found this site, it has restored my faith in humanity.
You two Italians are thick as brothers.

Long live the tank.

mark

thorhammer

Hey sorry been traveling and just saw this. Sending pm
Thanks guys!

Rivverrat

This is a very neat thread. Ive seen pics of fish that I'll probably never have the opportunity to see any other way. More than anything I really love seeing the boats that some of you around the globe use....Jeff

thorhammer

the Tank has landed in NC! Can't wait to read the logbook and hopefully add something worthwhile to !!!  Very very cool to hold this famous reel. Right there with sitting in Otto's fighting chair with our guys at Penn.

John

Shark Hunter

Time to represent John.
You hold the all mighty Tank that Sal himself Built, Modified, them Modified again, then again. And passed on to another AT Brother.
Use it wisely my friend.
Make us proud. ;)

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Quote from: thorhammer on July 20, 2016, 10:52:13 PM
the Tank has landed in NC! Can't wait to read the logbook and hopefully add something worthwhile to !!!  Very very cool to hold this famous reel. Right there with sitting in Otto's fighting chair with our guys at Penn.

John
John, try to blow that baby up for me, but only on a fish :).
Enjoy the ride buddy and thanks for doing this.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bill B

Just checking any update on the Tanks travels? Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

thorhammer

The Tank is currently with me trying to get a trip in NC before I send back to Dominic in a couple weeks. He graciously let me hold a bit longer since both my Fla trip and two NC trips got deep-sixed for business or weather reasons....trying not to send it back with a skunk picture in the journal and I'm not about to catch a catfish on it!!!!! (though the world record blue was caught in my lake a few miles from me a couple years back...143lbs. plenty over a 100 in here)

Hope there is more soon!!

John

mo65

Quote from: thorhammer on September 02, 2016, 06:53:33 PM
Trying not to send it back with a skunk picture in the journal and I'm not about to catch a catfish on it!!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDIN'!?! Take that reel catfishin'...it would be an honor and good test for it to land a lunker blue!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

Mo, I follow your posts closely. Your fishery looks very much like the like the one I'm on....buggy for the junk down to tailrace.  I'm above the dam but fished below it for years and still do so occasionally; lots of stripers in both lakes also. The lower lake (Gaston) recently gave up two cats over a hundo in the same week. google "world record blue cat". It was caught off Goat Island; 8 miles up  lake from me and one of my best striper spots. I did put a 20-plus in boat last week.

John

mo65

Heck yeah brother...take that Tank and go get some slime on it! Even if you don't hook up, at least it will be documented that the Tank has been Catfeeshin'!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Bill B

Ok....we're gonna e pact a report and photo by Tuesday..... ;D.....tight lines brother.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Indyfisher

Alright the suspense is killing me. Updates and pictures please!?  ;D

thorhammer

The Tank is heading back to Dominick; sorry to say that both of my trips cancelled so I will indeed report a goose egg in the logbook :(

Next up: not sure if Dominick will use it himself or Wayne will splash in Mexico.....TBC....

mhc

You can't help bad luck. At least you weren't the first duck John, hopefully we will be the only two.
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.