THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

My trip and Wayne's trip overlap.  I will be going 10/24/2016 to 10/31.  He is going sometime around the 28th and is going out the Pacific side to Magdalena Bay.  I will be in San Jose del Cabo on the Sea of Cortez side.  So I will let him have it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

Dominick, the Tank is on way back; check your PM. I tried to give it one last shot this weekend but weather sketchy again, and now there's a hurricane that will be in NC this weekend. So..... goose egg for me   :'(

Wayne, the Tank is well rested as I wasn't able to even get it on a rod, so kick butt!!!!!!

John

El Pescador

Quote from: thorhammer on October 04, 2016, 09:15:14 PM
Wayne, the Tank is well rested as I wasn't able to even get it on a rod, so kick butt!!!!!!

John

John,

So glad the Tank has enjoyed the R&R time in North Carolina, but it's time to get to work!
Planning for Mag Bag is in full swing, and based on MarkT's Report, Thetis Bank is rock'n with Wahoo!!  And I Say "WAH...  HOO!!!"

Planning for LOTS of photos, will post when I return from the trip after Nov. 6.

Wish me luck, FISH ON!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

anglingarchitect

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Bill B

Luck wished..... ;D   Kill some fish brother....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

thorhammer

Dominick

Quote from: thorhammer on October 13, 2016, 07:13:18 PM
Dom, can you confirm TANK delivery?

J
John, several times I went to the computer to report that the tank had arrived.  I then got caught up in something else on the site and promptly forgot to acknowledge that I had received the tank.  It is now in the hands of Wayne (El Pescador) to be used on his trip to Magdalena Bay at the end of this month.  He has the log book also.  Let me know if you want to give it another try I'll put you on schedule.  That goes for anyone else who wants to put a hurting on the tank.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

El Pescador

Stopped by Dominick's to pick up the Tank, but NOT before he had me sign some kind of legal document before releasing the Tank into my care and custody, but here it is!!

The Tank looks to be in great shape for my Mag Bay trip, we leave Oct. 28 back on Nov. 5,  I'll text Dominick when something big happens, and post it all when I return.

Nos vemos más tarde, en el camino ;D

anglingarchitect

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

thorhammer

Tight lines Wayne! Our fishing at the coast may be jacked up for a while due the Matthew fresh water flowing into the coast....flooding just starting to recede in some areas. Our lake rose 9 feet in a couple of days.

Alto Mare

Give it a workout Wayne, it can take it! ;)
Have a great time out there!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Hey you never signed the indemnity agreement.  Actually I'm not worried there is nothing in Mag Bay that can put a hurting on The Tank.  :D dominick

El Pescador

To quote Chucky, "I'm BACK!!!!"    from our 60th Birthday Wild & Remote trip to Magdalena Bay,

Where is that location in the world????  I"ll show you, Magdalena Bay is the large bay on the left side of the NASA photo.

We flew into Los Cabos International Airport, near Cabo San Lucas, then drove the 315 miles to Puerto Lopez Mateos, and Google Maps has it at 5 hours & 45 minutes, I WILL Dispute that the sharp & well-educated engineers who write the algorithms.  It is closer to 7+ hours.  All due to road construction.  Most of the paved highway was not available and we had to run on a DIRT ROAD next to the unused highway. 

And here is the reel arsenal for the trip, the TANK and Bryan's 6/0 narrow TIB frame reel

I also brought these reels, but more on them in another post.  Penn 450SS & Penn 750SS spinners.   Great reels I might add!!!!

Before we even get thru the TSA Grid, TSA wanted to open and look at my fishing bag, they flagged the TANK and my reel repair kit, the tablespoon of REEL-X I had in a small container.

But before the Boeing 37 Delta Flight 624 outbound from Sacramento to Santa Ana left the ground, it was topped off with grade A Jet Fuel, we thought we do the same!  Bloody Mary's at 6am, and BTW, John (thorhammer) the bartender LOVED your line, "You can't drank all day if you don't start..."

BTW, this is my buddy Jerry, we grew up together and have been fishing since age 7!

And here is the guy who put this entire trip together, Felipe Valdez, he works at the Buena Vista Resort on the East Cape.  A Great Guy, fluent in English, and a well planned trip because of him!!!

We start the drive to Thetis Bank, but after 45 minutes gave up due to 22-25 NW knot winds with gusts to 30 knots,  Just plain messy out there

During the 45 minute troll, we did catch one 25 lbs. Dorado, but with 5 rods out Dominick, the chance of catching one fish on the TANK was less than 50 percent  ;D

But what was funny, when the deckhand was prepping the TANK for fishing, he leaned into me while rolling the 200 lbs. mono between his fingers and asked, "Did your friend catch that whale he was after?"    John (thorhammer) nothing like getting dry shaved from 8,000 miles, isn't IT!!!!!!

The small hotel we stayed at in Puerto Lopez Mateos had WONDERFUL food!

Our hostess, Maria, and her Granddaughter!

The food was excellent and plentiful.

And breakfast!!!!  I'd be in for just the beans and tortillas!!!!   THE BEST I've ever had!!!

Did we stay here for 5 days and enjoyed inshore fishing, and I will post on that later, the star of that show was the Penn 450SS I purchased from Topshot off this site, and sent it to Sal for his expert work.    The next half of the trip was in La Paz, more of the corporate side of Wild & Remote - the Costa Baja Resort

Man, the places I have to travel for you all to enjoy these photos!!!!!! ::)

ONE entire day trolling the warm waters off La Paz for this small Dorado, which was split between our panga Captain and us.
Again, 4 rods out, catching one Dorado, low chance it would be the TANK, so sorry for that.  We did catch 20+ Skipjack & Bonito, but I did not want to take a photo of BAIT fish with the TANK.

We are already planning our 62th Birthday trip,    

Wayne