THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

You did really good paesa', always something there to enjoy.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Glad your back Safe Dominick and caught a fish or two.
Life is Good!

ijlal

Wow! What a great thread. Came across it today and couldn't stop before I had gone through each post. I would love to give the TANK a really good taste of the Arabian Sea! I do my big game  November-December when the sea's calm enough for trips to the shelf. As far as I can see, The Tank is overdue for a really good hurting!  ;D
I live 'fishing'!

Alto Mare

Quote from: ijlal on September 24, 2017, 02:03:18 AM
Wow! What a great thread. Came across it today and couldn't stop before I had gone through each post. I would love to give the TANK a really good taste of the Arabian Sea! I do my big game  November-December when the sea's calm enough for trips to the shelf. As far as I can see, The Tank is overdue for a really good hurting!  ;D
Hello ijlal, if you are serious about using the Tank, please send me your address on a private message and I will ship it to you.

Best,
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ijlal

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 26, 2017, 01:33:40 AM
Hello ijlal, if you are serious about using the Tank, please send me your address on a private message and I will ship it to you.

Best,
Sal

Hi Sal,

Thank you so much for the offer! I am dead serious, but please give me a few days to decide if I'll be able to do justice to the Tank this season. I am currently very busy preparing for my first offshore trip of the season on Sunday, so should be able to decide by Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime, if someone else confirms he wants it, I really have no issues.

Best regards,
Ijlal
I live 'fishing'!

Jenx

I wish I found this thread before photobucket ruined it.

Crow

There are a bunch of threads that they "ruined".
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Bryan Young

If you access the website via google chrome, they have a photobucket plugin that will allow you to see the pictures.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ijlal

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 27, 2017, 11:47:15 PM
If you access the website via google chrome, they have a photobucket plugin that will allow you to see the pictures.

This is one valuable piece of information Bryan, thank you for letting us know!

Cheers,
Ijlal
I live 'fishing'!

Alto Mare

Quote from: ijlal on September 27, 2017, 10:31:16 PM

Best,
Sal

Hi Sal,

Thank you so much for the offer! I am dead serious, but please give me a few days to decide if I'll be able to do justice to the Tank this season. I am currently very busy preparing for my first offshore trip of the season on Sunday, so should be able to decide by Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime, if someone else confirms he wants it, I really have no issues.

Best regards,
Ijlal
Ijlal, thanks for getting back to me and please take your time. I'm hoping it will work out with your schedule.

Best,
Sal

Rivverrat

I'd be up for trying the Tank for Big Cat's. Not this year though. Sal, if your OK with it maybe next spring? ....Jeff

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 28, 2017, 12:53:22 PM
Quote from: ijlal on September 27, 2017, 10:31:16 PM

Best,
Sal

Hi Sal,

Best regards,
Ijlal
Ijlal, thanks for getting back to me and please take your time. I'm hoping it will work out with your schedule.

Best,
Sal

Ijlal, if you want to use the Tank, let us know of a safe way to ship the Tank to Egypt.  I lived in Cairo years ago and the mail was not very dependable.  Also there was a problem with the addresses since a lot of buildings did not have a street address.  I had to use a general P.O. address in Cairo.  I just made reservations for Mexico for Nov. 9th to Nov. 16th.  There is a wahoo tournament on the 11th and all fish tournament on the 12th.  I can ship it to you when I return.  Please PM me shipping instructions.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ez2cdave

Quote from: Dominick on September 28, 2017, 10:46:29 PMIjlal, if you want to use the Tank, let us know of a safe way to ship the Tank to Egypt.  I lived in Cairo years ago and the mail was not very dependable.  Also there was a problem with the addresses since a lot of buildings did not have a street address.  I had to use a general P.O. address in Cairo.  I just made reservations for Mexico for Nov. 9th to Nov. 16th.  There is a wahoo tournament on the 11th and all fish tournament on the 12th.  I can ship it to you when I return.  Please PM me shipping instructions.  Dominick

Dominick,

Is there a way where the package can be held at the Post Office in Cairo, Ijlal could then be notified when it arrives, and pick it up in person, rather than relying on delivery ?

Tight Lines !

Dominick

Dave the whole purpose of the last post was to ask Ijlal the safest way to ship.  If you have not been in the middle east you don't know what confusion is.  I don't know but when I was there the secret police used to come and bring me to the P.O.  Those were strange times.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ijlal

Quote from: Dominick on September 28, 2017, 11:19:06 PM
Dave the whole purpose of the last post was to ask Ijlal the safest way to ship.  If you have not been in the middle east you don't know what confusion is.  I don't know but when I was there the secret police used to come and bring me to the P.O.  Those were strange times.  Dominick

Hello Dominick,

That concern was among some of mine too; however, I do not live in Egypt. I live in Karachi, Pakistan. I have had tackle from the US shipped through USPS delivered to my home many times in the past. Once I ordered 4 reels from Tackle Direct - One 6/0 and three spinners. Never had a problem so far. Once I ordered fifty speed jigs from China that the customs people could not identify, and because of the quantity, they held them back and sent me a letter to visit them. I had to go pay the duty to clear them up and then they were delivered to me by post.

I know what you mean about the address problem in the Middle East. I have lived in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, and always ordered stuff to my office address. Here in Pakistan, we have a well defined address system with postal code identical to your 5-digit Zip.

I do understand your concern, as the Tank must be worth a fortune. I had decided if I do ask for it, I would return it through a courier service, as international parcels sent through the Pakistan Post are known to take 3-4 weeks delivery time. Inbound packages from USPS have always been delivered to me in 7-10 days. I once had a packet delivered the fourth or fifth day!

Another concern I had was that I fish from local wooden boats that are rough and crude. I am apprehensive it might put a scratch or two on the tank, despite taking care of it. Not saying it will definitely get scratched, but that's a possibility.

Lastly, I would say do not send it unless you are completely comfortable with the idea.

Best regards,
Ijlal
I live 'fishing'!