THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: Rivverrat on September 28, 2017, 10:44:01 PM
I'd be up for trying the Tank for Big Cat's. Not this year though. Sal, if your OK with it maybe next spring? ....Jeff
Jeff, no problem.  I sent the Tank off to Karachi, Pakistan today.  I will use it next spring, probably 2nd week of June.  You may use it just PM me your address and the approximate dates you will want to use it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

Dominick do you want me to send log to you or Ijhal directly? Will get it out tomorrow.

Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bill B

Ijlal....no pressure brother  ;)....but we NEED someone to put a hurt on the Tank....if Dominick and the Buttman got it to sweat on the halibuts, Im sure you can make it grunt and groan....Tight Lines My Brother.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

ez2cdave

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on October 07, 2017, 03:58:55 AM
Ijlal....no pressure brother  ;)....but we NEED someone to put a hurt on the Tank....if Dominick and the Buttman got it to sweat on the halibuts, Im sure you can make it grunt and groan....Tight Lines My Brother.....Bill

Load it up with braid and let someone take a crack at a Bluefin Tuna or Black Marlin . . .

I want to see video of that !

Tight Lines !

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

thorhammer

I think there is 100lb braid on it, Bimini to 100 fluoro. 

boon

Quote from: ez2cdave on October 07, 2017, 01:01:27 PM
Load it up with braid and let someone take a crack at a Bluefin Tuna or Black Marlin . . .

I want to see video of that !

Tight Lines !

How much line would/does it fit?
750m is about the bare minimum I would go chase Black Marlin with.

Dominick

Ljlal the Tank only left the US today even though I mailed it on the 5th.  Here is the tracking No. CV052279886US for anyone interested enough to track its movement.  Dominick

ijlal

Quote from: Dominick on October 15, 2017, 07:38:18 PM
Ljlal the Tank only left the US today even though I mailed it on the 5th.  Here is the tracking No. CV052279886US for anyone interested enough to track its movement.  Dominick

You're right Dominick, I have been tracking it every single day. Funny that my order from Tackle Direct, ordered on 10/9 and shipped on 10/10 also has left NY today! Please understand it might also take some days after arrival in Karachi before it is delivered to me.

Best,
Ijlal
I live 'fishing'!

oc1

Tracking the tank adds a whole new dimension Dominick.  This is great.
-steve

ez2cdave

Quote from: oc1 on October 15, 2017, 09:53:25 PM
-steve

Too bad the Tank doesn't have a built-in video camera. If it did, we could watch live, streaming video of it "in combat" . . .

Dominick

Quote from: ez2cdave on October 15, 2017, 10:27:40 PM
-steve

Too bad the Tank doesn't have a built-in video camera. If it did, we could watch live, streaming video of it "in combat" . . .
Dave didn't you see the videos of the big halibut in Alaska with the butt man Gary?  Dominick

ez2cdave

Quote from: Dominick on October 16, 2017, 01:09:42 AM
Quote from: ez2cdave on October 15, 2017, 10:27:40 PM
-steve

Dave didn't you see the videos of the big halibut in Alaska with the butt man Gary?  Dominick

Dominick,

I must have missed them . . . Do you have a link ?

Tight Lines !

Alto Mare

Dave, are you kidding?...I'm surprised at you ::) :).
Here you go:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=22505.msg245538#msg245538
There are more this is the first.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.