THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ez2cdave

ijlal

Man, it's taking so long! I am going offshore again on Saturday, and I hope the Tank gets delivered before then. Would love to beat the Sh*t outta some of those reef donkeys, and possibly YFT!   ;D
I live 'fishing'!

Bill B

Just checked....it left Karachi today (October 17th) and enroute to it's destination and it's 6:38 am Wednesday October 18th there... :P   Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

ijlal

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on October 18, 2017, 01:21:57 AM
Just checked....it left Karachi today (October 17th) and enroute to it's destination and it's 6:38 am Wednesday October 18th there... :P   Bill

LOL Bill, the tracking feature is a bit weird! It did not leave Karachi, as I am in Karachi. If everything goes right, I should be getting it in the next 2-3 days. I wish I get it this morning, as I am fishing tomorrow, and then again on Saturday!

Cheers!
I live 'fishing'!

Bill B

I'm having fun tracking the TANK....I couldn't resist posting a screen shot of the USPS Tracking Log..San Mateo, San Francisco, Jamaica, New York, Dubai and Karachi....Traveling the World is appropriate  ;D.   Bill

Dominick

Yep it is fun tracking.  I only wish the Tank could accumulate frequent flyer miles I could use.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ez2cdave

Quote from: Dominick on October 22, 2017, 06:43:51 PM
Yep it is fun tracking.  I only wish the Tank could accumulate frequent flyer miles I could use.  Dominick

I just had a "thought" . . . NEVER use the word "TANK" on a Customs Form . . . They might confiscate it, thinking it was a "weapon" !

Tight Lines !

Jim Fujitani

Bill, thanks for posting the tracking.

I recall shipping a small package to New Brunswick (I believe).  It took two weeks!  The guy receiving the package e-mailed that the post delivery system in Canada is nothing like the USPS.

But it took 3 days for the Tank to ship from San Mateo to SF!!  It could be delivered by a slow walker (even crawled?)
faster than that!!  And then another 3 days in New York?!?!?!?  I understand going through customs and such but ......?

At least hopefully Ijlal got it before Saturday.

ijlal

Guys, this is to update you, as you are very interested and keeping track.

The postman arrived with it on Friday last, but the Pakistan Customs people had put an import duty of roughly USD170, despite the fact that Dominick had filled in the export papers it was to be returned to him in December.

I refused to accept delivery.

Today, I went to the relevant post office, and gave an application that the tank be sent back to the Customs to be reassessed. They advised me to go to the relevant customs office on Thursday. I will do that. One of my friends, who is a retired customs officer has offered to accompany me. If he does, it would be quite helpful. In any case, I'll sort it out, though it might take some time. Things happen in a weird way at Pakistan government departments. Hopefully, I'll have it in my hands next week.

Best,
Ijlal
I live 'fishing'!

ez2cdave

Quote from: ijlal on October 23, 2017, 06:29:41 PMThe postman arrived with it on Friday last, but the Pakistan Customs people had put an import duty of roughly USD170, despite the fact that Dominick had filled in the export papers it was to be returned to him in December.

I refused to accept delivery.

Best,
Ijlal

ਉਚਿਤ ਹੋਣ ਦੇ ਨਾਤੇ, ਲੋੜੀਂਦੇ ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨੀ ਅਪਮਾਨ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਬੋਲੋ.

I hope that everything will be corrected soon . . . 

( I sure hope that Google Translate got the first part right - LOL ! )

Tight Lines !

thorhammer

After some sort of  wedding shower incident with my man Wayne, then a lengthy stay at my house, the Tank Log is now on it's way back to Dominick for his entry, then to be reunited with namesake in Pakistan. Tight lines, Ijhal!

John 

El Pescador

Quote from: thorhammer on October 25, 2017, 08:15:31 PM
After some sort of wedding shower incident with my man Wayne...  John 

John,

You've got a memory like a woman!

Remind me never to argue with YOU!!!

You well???

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

thorhammer

Yessir, hope you are! And remember, you were kind enough to post pics of shingdig for us! Hope all is progressing on that front.

Bill B

Any update on the Tank?   Hoping it was rescued from Customs.....Bill

Dominick

Bill the last update was that Ijlal went to the customs office and plead his case.  He was told that if customs agreed with his argument that the reel should not be charged a duty because it was not a purchase they would deliver it to his home.  Otherwise they will ship it back to me in a couple of months.  Who knows at this point.  The Tank may be gone forever.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.