THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Noooooo!, Not the TANK! Darn, onea the best threads on this Forum...
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Alto Mare

The Tank is doing just fine, its a shame they gave Ijlal such a hard time.
He should have it in his hands in a couple of days.

Ijlasl might give his own details about this.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ijlal

Got it finally! It's a beauty, Dominick.

I don't know if you are aware of it or not, but there seems to be a slight grinding between the gears, though nothing serious.  Going fishing tonight, and taking it with me  ;D

A friend is coming here from New York for a few days by the month end. I'll send it back through him, and he'll ship it to you. Don't want to get into more problems. Best to see it back safely in your hands. Regretfully, it did not turn out as planned. Now hoping I'll get lucky and hook into a monster in the little time I'll have.

Best,
Ijlal

I live 'fishing'!

Alto Mare

Hello Ijlal, I'm glad to see the Tank finally made it to you.
The gears on the Tank are extremely hard, what you're hearing is the sound of power :).
The Tank is ready for battle, fish it and fish it hard... don't hold back.
Good luck with it and thanks for volunteering.

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

lawaia

Yay, glad to see the Tank is now safely back with an AT member and am looking forward to catch reports and photos from Ijlal!

ez2cdave

Quote from: ijlal on November 11, 2017, 09:09:09 AMA friend is coming here from New York for a few days by the month end. I'll send it back through him, and he'll ship it to you. Don't want to get into more problems. Best to see it back safely in your hands.

And so, some "intrigue" enters the "saga" of the Tank, as it gets "smuggled" out of Pakistan . . . LOL !

Tight Lines !

Alto Mare

Quote from: ez2cdave on November 11, 2017, 05:16:29 PM
Quote from: ijlal on November 11, 2017, 09:09:09 AMA friend is coming here from New York for a few days by the month end. I'll send it back through him, and he'll ship it to you. Don't want to get into more problems. Best to see it back safely in your hands.

And so, some "intrigue" enters the "saga" of the Tank, as it gets "smuggled" out of Pakistan . . . LOL !

Tight Lines !
:D

Bill B

Tight Lines Ijlal.....hoping you can put a hurt on the Tank......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

ijlal

Thanks everyone.

Had a bad trip yesterday. Karamat was dead, save for millions of jellyfish. Nothing to report so far. There's YFT at the shelf but the weather's not good this week. :(

Sal, Dominick,

What and how much braid is on the tank? I need to add a topshot. The best I have right now is 50lb Pro Spec Chrome and a quarter pound spool of 50lb Trilene Big Game. The quality of Pro Spec Chrome has disappointed me much. The bright shiny ocean blue colour fades with first use, and there was damaged line inside the 950yds spool.

Best,
Ijlal
I live 'fishing'!

Alto Mare

Hello Ijlal, sorry the conditions are no good at the moment, let's hope things will improve in the near future.
If I recall, the Tank was loaded with 80lbs JBH, approximately 500yds.
It was a little lower on the spool  the last time I serviced it, I'm guessing probably 450yds as you have it now.
Dominick will know more about it.

Good luck!

Sal

coastal_dan

Great to hear the reel is back in a members hands!  Looking forward to seeing some pictures from its trip abroad!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 13, 2017, 12:44:01 PM
Hello Ijlal, sorry the conditions are no good at the moment, let's hope things will improve in the near future.
It was a little lower on the spool  the last time I serviced it, I'm guessing probably 450yds as you have it now.

Good luck!

Sal
Unfortunately Dominick cannot help.  I'm down in Mexico and I don't remember.  I have the information in a notebook at home.  Good luck fishing.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ijlal

Quote from: Dominick on November 13, 2017, 07:43:13 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on November 13, 2017, 12:44:01 PM

Good luck!

Sal
Unfortunately Dominick cannot help.  I'm down in Mexico and I don't remember.  I have the information in a notebook at home.  Good luck fishing.  Dominick

Not a big issue though. I can wind the line on another reel and rewind it back on to the Tank. I have a digital counter, so will know.

Thanks!
I live 'fishing'!

ijlal

The funny thing is the tracking on USPS website still shows the TANK to be in transit!  :o ;D

BTW, I found there is 281 meters (307 yards) of braid on the reel. I added a topshot of 50lb Trilene Big Game, and now have 400 yds in all. Hopefully, this should be enough.

As of last Sunday, there's miles and miles of tuna out there. I was all set to go this weekend but the wind started blowing hard. Shall have to wait till the next. The YFT's are running big this year, and 140 pounders have been taken.

Best,
Ijlal
I live 'fishing'!

Dominick

The Tank won't break a sweat with a 140 lb tuna.  Don't be afraid to crank down on the star to a point that is comfortable to hold.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.