alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
September 18, 2018, 11:51:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME  (Read 188225 times)
Gfish
Gfish

What? Me worry?

« Reply #390 on: November 08, 2017, 01:45:41 PM »

Noooooo!, Not the TANK! Darn, onea the best threads on this Forum...
Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!
Alto Mare

Southeastern Pennsylvania

« Reply #391 on: November 08, 2017, 02:03:18 PM »

The Tank is doing just fine, its a shame they gave Ijlal such a hard time.
He should have it in his hands in a couple of days.

Ijlasl might give his own details about this.

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.
ijlal

Fishaholic Forevah!

« Reply #392 on: November 11, 2017, 01:09:09 AM »

Got it finally! It's a beauty, Dominick.

I don't know if you are aware of it or not, but there seems to be a slight grinding between the gears, though nothing serious.  Going fishing tonight, and taking it with me  Grin

A friend is coming here from New York for a few days by the month end. I'll send it back through him, and he'll ship it to you. Don't want to get into more problems. Best to see it back safely in your hands. Regretfully, it did not turn out as planned. Now hoping I'll get lucky and hook into a monster in the little time I'll have.

Best,
Ijlal

* WhatsApp Image 2017-11-11 at 13.11.10-1.jpg (495.65 KB, 1148x1061 - viewed 76 times.)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:12:57 AM by ijlal » Logged

I live 'fishing'!
Alto Mare

« Reply #393 on: November 11, 2017, 03:51:43 AM »

Hello Ijlal, I'm glad to see the Tank finally made it to you.
The gears on the Tank are extremely hard, what you're hearing is the sound of power Smiley.
The Tank is ready for battle, fish it and fish it hard... don't hold back.
Good luck with it and thanks for volunteering.

Best,

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.
lawaia

« Reply #394 on: November 11, 2017, 05:44:34 AM »

Yay, glad to see the Tank is now safely back with an AT member and am looking forward to catch reports and photos from Ijlal!
ez2cdave
Sensei

« Reply #395 on: November 11, 2017, 09:16:29 AM »

A friend is coming here from New York for a few days by the month end. I'll send it back through him, and he'll ship it to you. Don't want to get into more problems. Best to see it back safely in your hands.

And so, some "intrigue" enters the "saga" of the Tank, as it gets "smuggled" out of Pakistan . . . LOL !

Tight Lines !
Alto Mare

« Reply #396 on: November 11, 2017, 10:57:30 AM »

A friend is coming here from New York for a few days by the month end. I'll send it back through him, and he'll ship it to you. Don't want to get into more problems. Best to see it back safely in your hands.

And so, some "intrigue" enters the "saga" of the Tank, as it gets "smuggled" out of Pakistan . . . LOL !

Tight Lines !
Cheesy

Bill B (Tarfu)
Fish Nutritionist II
Sensei

Crestline, CA

« Reply #397 on: November 11, 2017, 05:27:23 PM »

Tight Lines Ijlal.....hoping you can put a hurt on the Tank......Bill

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!
ijlal

Fishaholic Forevah!

« Reply #398 on: November 13, 2017, 02:14:41 AM »

Thanks everyone.

Had a bad trip yesterday. Karamat was dead, save for millions of jellyfish. Nothing to report so far. There's YFT at the shelf but the weather's not good this week. Sad

Sal, Dominick,

What and how much braid is on the tank? I need to add a topshot. The best I have right now is 50lb Pro Spec Chrome and a quarter pound spool of 50lb Trilene Big Game. The quality of Pro Spec Chrome has disappointed me much. The bright shiny ocean blue colour fades with first use, and there was damaged line inside the 950yds spool.

Best,
Ijlal

I live 'fishing'!
Alto Mare

« Reply #399 on: November 13, 2017, 04:44:01 AM »

Hello Ijlal, sorry the conditions are no good at the moment, let's hope things will improve in the near future.
If I recall, the Tank was loaded with 80lbs JBH, approximately 500yds.
It was a little lower on the spool  the last time I serviced it, I'm guessing probably 450yds as you have it now.
Dominick will know more about it.

Good luck!

Sal

coastal_dan
Green Firefish, Anchor of the Oceans!
Sensei

« Reply #400 on: November 13, 2017, 09:38:39 AM »

Great to hear the reel is back in a members hands!  Looking forward to seeing some pictures from its trip abroad!

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #401 on: November 13, 2017, 11:43:13 AM »

Hello Ijlal, sorry the conditions are no good at the moment, let's hope things will improve in the near future.
It was a little lower on the spool  the last time I serviced it, I'm guessing probably 450yds as you have it now.

Good luck!

Sal
Unfortunately Dominick cannot help.  I'm down in Mexico and I don't remember.  I have the information in a notebook at home.  Good luck fishing.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
ijlal

Fishaholic Forevah!

« Reply #402 on: November 14, 2017, 01:28:00 PM »

Good luck!

Sal
Unfortunately Dominick cannot help.  I'm down in Mexico and I don't remember.  I have the information in a notebook at home.  Good luck fishing.  Dominick

Not a big issue though. I can wind the line on another reel and rewind it back on to the Tank. I have a digital counter, so will know.

Thanks!

I live 'fishing'!
ijlal

Fishaholic Forevah!

« Reply #403 on: November 16, 2017, 09:10:05 AM »

The funny thing is the tracking on USPS website still shows the TANK to be in transit!  Shocked Grin

BTW, I found there is 281 meters (307 yards) of braid on the reel. I added a topshot of 50lb Trilene Big Game, and now have 400 yds in all. Hopefully, this should be enough.

As of last Sunday, there's miles and miles of tuna out there. I was all set to go this weekend but the wind started blowing hard. Shall have to wait till the next. The YFT's are running big this year, and 140 pounders have been taken.

Best,
Ijlal
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 09:11:23 AM by ijlal » Logged

I live 'fishing'!
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #404 on: November 18, 2017, 11:44:08 AM »

The Tank won't break a sweat with a 140 lb tuna.  Don't be afraid to crank down on the star to a point that is comfortable to hold.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: