THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Just click on the modify button.  Make changes then save.  You could also PM me the information and I will do it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ez2cdave

Quote from: ijlal on November 30, 2017, 09:17:30 PMAnyhow, it's time to say goodbye to Tank. I handed it over to a friend who'll be taking it to New York on Saturday, and shipping it back to Dominick.

Best,
Ijlal

A little "Theme Music", while the Tank is being "smuggled" out of Pakistan !

Tight Lines !

ijlal

Okay guys, the Tank has been shipped to Sal. USPS tracking number is 9505815440087340129841
I live 'fishing'!

ez2cdave

Quote from: ijlal on December 06, 2017, 08:47:30 PM
Okay guys, the Tank has been shipped to Sal. USPS tracking number is 9505815440087340129841

Great . . . Now that the "intrigue" is over and the Tank has been successfullt "smuggled" out of Pakistan, we can take off our "Spy Costumes" - LOL !

Tight Lines !

gstours

Hey I know that guy.  ???   spent last nite in the pokee,   he was kinda friendly,   said he wanted just to go fishinf one more time.    I said I dunno.     and called my one phone call.    thats the last ive heard of him.    Possibly dangerous driving around a Tank ?    ????? ;)

ijlal

Quote from: ez2cdave on December 06, 2017, 09:25:38 PM

Great . . . Now that the "intrigue" is over and the Tank has been successfullt "smuggled" out of Pakistan, we can take off our "Spy Costumes" - LOL !

Tight Lines !

LOL. You look like the reincarnation of Sherlock Holmes! ;D
BTW, the Tank was never smuggled into or out of Pakistan ;)

Best,
Ijlal
I live 'fishing'!

ez2cdave

Quote from: ijlal on December 07, 2017, 03:24:32 PM
Quote from: ez2cdave on December 06, 2017, 09:25:38 PM

Tight Lines !

LOL. You look like the reincarnation of Sherlock Holmes! ;D
BTW, the Tank was never smuggled into or out of Pakistan ;)

Best,
Ijlal

Iljal,

That photo was just one I found on the Internet, by searching for Spy Costume.

The "melodrama" of a "smuggled" Tank added so much "intrigue" and "atmosphere" to the story of the Tank . . . LOL !

Tight Lines !

Bill B

Iljal my brother....thank you for taking us on this trip to your wonderful country and waters.......What a trip this has been....Bill

So I have to ask....What will be the next port of call for the Tank?
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Alto Mare

The Tank is safely on my bench, thanks again ijlal!
ijlal has mentioned that one of the dog might not be engaging, I checked to see if I noticed the same, but didn't, I did it quickly though.
Since he mentioned it, I will still go ahead and break it down just to make sure.
I will contact Dominick afterwards and see where he would like me to send the Tank next.

Best!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ijlal

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 08, 2017, 04:15:17 AM
The Tank is safely on my bench, thanks again ijlal!
ijlal has mentioned that one of the dog might not be engaging, I checked to see if I noticed the same, but didn't, I did it quickly though.
Since he mentioned it, I will still go ahead and break it down just to make sure.
I will contact Dominick afterwards and see where he would like me to send the Tank next.

Best!

Sal

Sal, maybe I had been expecting lesser play, so thought one dog might be the problem. I got this perception while jigging with the reel. You created the Tank, so would be able to tell by the feel of it.

Best,
Ijlal
I live 'fishing'!

RowdyW

Ijlal, I beleive the double dogs are engaging simultaneous not alternating so the back play is the same as a stock reel. That is unless Sal put in a 10 tooth gear sleeve (standard is 8 teeth) then the back play would be only slightly less.      Rudy

Alto Mare

Quote from: RowdyW on December 09, 2017, 08:10:00 PM
Ijlal, I beleive the double dogs are engaging simultanious not alternating so the back play is the same as a stock reel. That is unless Sal put in a 10 tooth gear sleeve (standard is 8 teeth) then the back play would be only slightly less.      Rudy
You are correct Rudy  I do have the 10 tooth gear sleeve in the Tank, the dogs still engage simultaneous.

As speculated the dogs are both engaging. For some that are not used to the 4/0's I could very well see their concerns.

All looks good

back it goes and ready for battle on the next journey

Dominick, the Tank will be shipped to you, Ijlal added a gift for you in the box, so its easier if I send both.

Ijlal, thanks for picking up the tab to send the Tank to me... very much appreciated.

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

handi2

Hey Sal did you have to shim under the gear sleeve?
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

Quote from: handi2 on December 09, 2017, 10:55:34 PM
Hey Sal did you have to shim under the gear sleeve?
Keith, you must have noticed the one hole on that sleeve :). That one is the prototype and yes a shim was needed

This one went back and forth about 3-4 times until we got it exactly how we wanted it

and it is perfect when used with the custom bridge.
Having 2 holes, you shouldn't have any issues on other bridge as well.

Sal

ijlal

Sal,

Just wondering if there is any possibility of adding an anti reverse clutch to that beast? With that narrow spool, it would make such a great jigging reel for tuna and big AJ's. I know, the anti-reverse won't hold up to the heavy drag that the Tank is capable of but for that we have the two dogs.

BTW, my first conventional was a Daiwa 300H, some 24 years ago, and I had owned a  113, 113H and 114HLW's but eventually replaced them for lever drags. My lone star drag now is an Ambassadeur 6500 C4 that I use for bottom fishing.

Cheers.
Ijlal
I live 'fishing'!