THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

Quote from: thorhammer on January 02, 2019, 01:28:06 PM
Jonathon we are headed over that way IF the boats will go over....they haven't even run the shuttle to the island in a couple days much less fished. We are on standby to fish tomorrow and Friday if it lays as expected. thanks for the tip about the hatchery...if all else fails i will try that...of course i packed a little collapsible spinner and 4300SS with a little box of bonefish jigs and a couple poppers:)

John

John if you don't mind riding with chickens and locals you can take the slow boat, it rarely cancels .
That hydrofoil doesn't have the greatest safety record .
There are several nice piers about a mile  +/- towards  Punta Sur just don't fish in the Garrafon reef park , I believe it's still closed to all fishing .  Remember to have a rod leash on any rig you set down 😎 Have fun!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Dominick

Quote from: theswimmer on January 03, 2019, 03:24:55 PM
  Remember to have a rod leash on any rig you set down 😎 Have fun!

Especially the Tank.  :D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rivverrat

Dominick

The Tank is back on my bench.  Any Takers?  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rothmar2

Dominick

Quote from: Rothmar2 on February 21, 2019, 04:34:34 AM
Any report on its last adventure?

Not much to report.  Here is what Thorhammer posted in the log book.

"Jan 1, 2019
Tank travels to Playa de Mujeres, Mexico.  Intended to troll for sailfish, mahi, wahoo off Isla Mujeres but wind blew hard until end of week, and we were only able to troll the reefs.  Managed a few nice 'cudas for some great ceviche. John Hoyle Thorhammer (signed)."

Rothmar2

Cheers for the update. Damn the weather sometimes!

thorhammer

I have had issues with phone pics; I will post report (or lack of) soon and at least show pretty pictures.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Rothmar2 on February 21, 2019, 07:48:56 PM
Cheers for the update. Damn the weather sometimes!
Yup! you make plans, but never know what you'll get.
Keeps you excited for next time :)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

El Pescador

You Pay your $$

You take your changes.

Next time, take Dominick & me to Isle Mujeres,

We're game.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

theswimmer

I'm ready for Isla de Las Mujeras any day, any time .
I will say I prefer the end of September to the end of October.
And December 😎

JT and Miss Mari
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Although July and August will produce some big fish on the Fly !

Errol Flynn

thorhammer

Ok people, I returned from Playa six months ago!!! Somebody get the Tank wet! I basically caught bait with it!!!!!

Thorhammer

Darin Crofton

I'm game! Would love to try it out at the Florida Middle Grounds (80 mile run) for some monster Gag Grouper, Red & Mangrove Snapper too...
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Bill B

Darin how about some Goliath groupers?  I'm sure those monsters will tax the Tank.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!