original lexa vs lexa hd parts swap?

Started by q3fishboy, November 08, 2015, 05:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

q3fishboy

I was wondering if anyone had tried swapping parts between the original lexa and the lexa hd or if they knew if the parts were interchangeable. Specifically, was considering swapping the stainless gears (maybe even the 8.1:1 gear ratio) from the lexa hd into the original lexa.

While we are at it, anyone mind explaining the actual differences between the original lexa and the lexa hd?

Thanks a bunch.

Rancanfish

Hmmm, another thread where there was no response.

But now I'm curious too. 

Paging Mr. Tuttle........
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

SoCalAngler

Quote from: q3fishboy on November 08, 2015, 05:49:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone had tried swapping parts between the original lexa and the lexa hd or if they knew if the parts were interchangeable. Specifically, was considering swapping the stainless gears (maybe even the 8.1:1 gear ratio) from the lexa hd into the original lexa.

While we are at it, anyone mind explaining the actual differences between the original lexa and the lexa hd?

Thanks a bunch.

You have a PM about the changes made.

Rancanfish

Why a PM?   We here to share info with the uninformed. 

Like me.   :D
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

johndtuttle

I honestly don't know if the parts are simply interchangeable.  ???

I would love to know as well.  :D

steelfish

almost a year later.

anybody knows if the HD lexa parts are interchangeable with the old Lexa?

The Baja Guy

handi2

Maybe I'll have to buy a new HD one to find out!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

reel man

In Dec last year I ordered a pinion and main gear to drop it down to 5.3:1 gear ratio for a Lexa 400.  The pinion came within a couple days, but the main gear was back ordered.  Here it is Sept, and I still haven't received the main gear.  I've called Diawa parts and was told it's still on order. They're telling me that if I want to cancel the order then send the pinion gear back to them (at my expense).  Hell of a way to run a railroad.

q3fishboy

Digging up my own thread from several months ago as it seemed other people were interested in the question as well.

I called Daiwa and was told that the pinion gear and drive gears were interchangeable between the original and HD lexas.

Was told if I wanted to put the stainless 8:1 gears into the original lexa, it was a straight swap and all I needed was the parts.

They quoted me around $12 for the pinion, $18 for the drive (main), and $9 shipping/handling if I remember correctly.

I haven't actually tried it yet, or even ordered the parts yet, but just passing along the information I was told.