Happy Veterans Day

Started by Reel 224, November 11, 2015, 12:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Happy Veterans Day to all who served.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

reelrepair123

hi  joe    how are you feeling?  hope all is well.  yes,  thank god for all the veterans who served and those who made the sacrafice to insure our freedom, god bless them all.    harryk

STRIPER LOU

Thanks Joe and the same to you and all our vets!!!!! Hope you and Ruth are doing well.
...................Regards,  ..  Lou

Keta

It's nice to see you back Joe, I hope your recovery is going well.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Same here Joe. Good to see you.
Happy Veterans Day!
Life is Good!

Cortez_Conversions

Thank you to all who served!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Steve-O

Thanks to all who served AND serve today!

My Dad:

Joined North Carolina National Guard at Benson NC. Age 17. Senior in High School. Pvt. E-1
Enlisted in Regular Army 7 June 1954 for Airborne Un-assigned. Smithfield NC recruiter.
Basic training Ft. Jackson SC . 16 weeks Infantry training. Pvt.E-2
Assigned to 77th Special Forces Group Airborne Ft Bragg NC.
Graduated Parachute School Ft. Bragg NC  Dec. 1954.
Special Forces Training/Green Beret 1955-1956. Corporal.
Assigned to Vicenza Italy. Sergeant. 1957
Graduated 7th Army Non Commissioned Officers Academy. Top three honors . 1960.
Assigned to Infantry Officer Candidate School FT. Benning GA. Graduated 2nd Lt. Oct 11, 1960. Distinguished graduate.
Assigned to Army Fixed Wing Aviation School, Ft Rucker Al. Graduated Sept 1961. With instrument ticket.
Assigned to 82nd Airborne Division Aviation Battalion. Ft. Bragg NC  Oct 1961. Served as Bn. S-2. 1st LT.
Attended Helicopter School Ft. Wolters TX. 1962     Completed & Qualified. Trained in H-23
Attended USC 10 week course Aviation Safety Officer . 1962   Completed. Received additional MOS.
Assigned to 6th Transportation Co . Korea. Apr 1963, Flew H-21's. Served as Maintenance Officer.
Assigned to 82 Airborne Division Ft. Bragg NC Apr 1964  Promoted to Captain. Served as Bn. S-1.
Temporary Duty to Dominican Republic (war) 1965, Received Air Medal for Valor. CO of Hdqs. Detachment
Assigned to 1st Air Cavalry Division Vietnam 1965 .  ####'t Operations Officer
Assigned to 101st Airborne Division , Ft Campbell KY, 801st Maint Bn  1966  Executive Officer
Assigned to Ft. Benning GA. Infantry Officers Advanced Course   1967
Assigned to Verona Italy, SETAF, worked as CO of 17th Avn. Maint Det  1967-1969 . promoted to Major.1968
Assigned to Ft. Stewart GA    Cobra GunshipTransition  1969   4 weeks
Assigned to Americal Div  Vietnam 1969-1970 Served as CO 71st Avn. Co. (Rattlers) & Bn S-3.  Awarded two Distinguished Flying Crosses and Bronze Star.
Assigned to Army Aviation Center, Ft. Rucker AL. Served as Post Deputy Adjutant General. received Meritorious Service Medal.
Released from duty to attend Troy State Univ. Ft. Rucker Campus, 1972, earned BS  Business Admin.
Assigned to Army Aviation Safety Center Ft Rucker Al, Served as Adjutant.1973-74. earned MS Degree.
Retired  1 July 1974 at Ft. Rucker Al.    Grade of Major

His Dad: WWII - Normandy, Battle of the Bulge, Infantry, Combat.  Survived and returned to receive an honorable discharge.

Other relatives, uncles - two served active duty in WWII and Korean Conflict - one is buried in Hawaii in the Punchbowl. Others served in the WWI, the Spanish American war, The War Between the States ( CSA ), the War of 1812, and a few in George Washington's Continental Army.

Me? only 3 years in JROTC with two on the National Champs Drill Team, the Blue Knights of Enterprise, AL, near Ft. Rucker.

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."