Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: swill88 on November 29, 2015, 10:38:13 PM
Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on November 29, 2015, 09:39:02 PM
Quote from: swill88 on November 29, 2015, 01:33:23 AM
The bearing cups arrived today.

Thanks Tom!

Beautiful design and workmanship.

Also, they fit my pro gear 545.

You are welcome. The Pro Gear is a bonus!

Not only fits... but the o-ring depth is just right!

Not sure why I would want to loosen it though... flylining?

Yes mainly fly lining live baits. I also find it helps re-educate your thumb to casting. First thing in the morning you may want to tighten 'er up a little until you loosen up. Lessens the chance of a professional over run.

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Alto Mare

Tom, the bearing cup arrived, beautiful work...as always:

To bad they don't fit your custom squidder.
Thanks buddy!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rancanfish

I thought they did fit his Squidder, the reason I said I would take two.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Alto Mare

If you keep the spool centered as it should be, the bearing cup sticks out too much:

The bearing cup is perfect and it will work on Tom's squidder as well, but the problem is with the inner post.
Easy fix, the Squidder needs a shallower inner post, unless its just my spool.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cortez_Conversions

Sal, pull the bearing and pull out the inner post with a pair of needle nose pliers! ;D
I've been busy at work and down with a cold to boot and haven't given you all the full description on these cups.
The inner post is removable to fit a wider range of reels.
While I do have a good selection of reels, I don't have them all. By having a removable center post, it fits a wider range of plates.
Tom
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Alto Mare

Tom, I tried that and it helped, but the O-Ring is still out halfway. Would that be ok?
I'm fine with it either way, I have many reels that could use these. I'm just giving out some information, probably helpful  to some.
Go take care of that cold, these can wait.

Sal

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 04, 2015, 12:48:04 AM
Tom, I tried that and it helped, but the O-Ring is still out halfway. Would that be ok?
I'm fine with it either way, I have many reels that could use these. I'm just giving out some information, probably helpful  to some.
Go take care of that cold, these can wait.

Sal
Sal, your input is always appreciated.
I'm not sure if there is enough engagement with only half the O-ring seated. Looking at your picture, I can see where I made a mistake. The reel I checked fitment with was one of the first ones I made. I did make some changes to later models and this is the cause. This was my intention.

While these are intended for Accu-plates, it sucks that they don't fit the squidders. Add one more project....

coastal_dan

Got mine in the mail yesterday, finally put it on tonight.  Too cool how easy it is!  Thanks Tom for another killer product.  Is it bad that I think it makes the reel look even sexier too?  Form and Function!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

fishhawk

recieved mine! Greatest thing since the flush toilet!
Thanx Tom

twotone

I received mine and I agree with Dan.
twotone

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

fishhawk

Hey Tom, the bearing you use on these cups, Do you sale them?

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: fishhawk on January 05, 2016, 05:37:10 PM
Hey Tom, the bearing you use on these cups, Do you sale them?
Dawn at Smoothdrag.com has them. PM me if she can't get them for you.

steelfish

Tom, compadre.

send you a couple of PM,
thanks buddy.

The Baja Guy