Another Rainshadow

Started by Shark Hunter, November 18, 2015, 09:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I had me another Rainshadow E-Glass 130lb rod built. This guy does good work.
26mm reel seat with Alps Zirconium boat guides. Finished length. 6'7"
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Nice!  I like the black on black... looks a bit 'wicked'.  Nice shark and personalized decals too.  I like that foreign style as well.

For the number of these custom rods you are getting or likely to need in the future,b you may want to consider trying your hand a rod wrapping too? 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

David Hall

Sweet rod built for a Raider Fan

STRIPER LOU

Tiddlerbasher

Dominick

Too pretty to get salt water on it.  Put a 16/0 on it and display it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

That was my Plan Dominick. Unfortunately, the reel seat only has a 3 1/4" opening. Not big enough for a 16/0.
Not sure what I'm going to pair it up to.
John,
I know a few guys that make these big rods pretty cheap and they are quality builds. I gave $285 for this one shipped.
Life is Good!

bluefish69

Daron

I hope you put a good bend in that Rainshadow. They have a nice even bend. I have the Forrester by Rainshadow 50-80# X 8' it has a nice action. Now just sits in Storage.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 18, 2015, 11:21:35 PM
John,
I know a few guys that make these big rods pretty cheap and they are quality builds. I gave $285 for this one shipped.

Wow... sounds like a great value.  Maybe these guys would be willing to post up their contact info, and make their services available to other AT members?

or maybe, like most custom wrappers they are in an eternal stare of backlog already?

Just a thought.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

I have been waiting on it since June.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Nice craftsmanship on that rod Daron, $285 shipped is a great deal.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

Nice!!!! Color wise it would kick with your Cortez 9/0, unless that's undergunned. Which is funny to even say

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Marcq

I like it !! Looks very clean 8)

Nice job on the builder

Marc..

steelfish

I would take one of those on 80# any day for panga fishing with my Baja

Awesome work.
The Baja Guy