MacGyver Slow Fall Jigs -aka -SteveO-CheapO-Jigs

Started by Steve-O, November 20, 2015, 10:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edgarz

Quote from: Steve-O on November 21, 2015, 05:00:34 AM
Thanks, guys.

Okay, now let's turn off the spotlight on me and see who wants to take one of these jigs fishing....preferably in the Pacific northwest area where it is intended to fish...but California waters will do.

Anyone hitting the waters in the next little while?

PM me and I will send you either a killer fish catching jig....or a bottom snagger...whichever comes first.* :D

Where's the like button?

* conditional upon actually going fishing with it in said waters and sharing photographic proof AND the adventure on this site afterwards.

Disclaimer: this offer is valid for only a limited time....like this or next month only. CONUS, HI, AK only.
And no this isn't any preemptive ploy or marketing strategy to pre-advertise a start up jig manufacturing business. Just something fun for me to do and share. That's it.

David Hall

I got a chance to get some family out here visiting from Massachooozits and my son and two of his kids onto my super secret rockfishing hole last Sunday.
Set up Steve-O's rest white and blue jig on my 250g jigging rod with my accurized jigmaster 501 and 60lb braid.
The rest of us (6) fished my home made pipe jigs.
Big fish of the day was close to 10lb Ling COD, caught by my grandaughter Madison with Stves jig and it went on to out produce my pipe jigs up until a huge Ling bit through the line the hooks are attached to the jig with and escaped with th hooks!  The jig came back a bit chewed up and no hooks but fine other than that.
I'm going to put new hooks on it and it is ready to go on to the next angler,
So who is up next that wants to put the "patriot" through their fishing grounds?
Let me know I will get it in the mail and headed your way,
And least I forget we did get pics, and video, and it's on it's way here.
Thanks Steve this was fun!

Steve-O

David, Thanks for sharing this.  Glad to hear the jig produced fish for you and especially you granddaughter. My new hooks arrived a few days after mailing the jig to you. Any hooks stout enough will work, even circles up to 7 or 8/0. As long as they stay tangle free and don't upset the jig action too much.

Hope to see some photos or video of the catches.

If anyone is interested in trying it out you can send it along its way....if not....Merry Belated Christmas!

David Hall

Thanks Steve, your jig out produced everything this day and caught the big fish of the trip a 10lb Ling COD.
Unfortunately I am having trouble uploading the pics, for some reason the site doesn't like my iPhone pics format and I don't know how to convert them on my iPad.  I will get it figured out and post them.

Steve-O

David, thanks for the update.

My phone (Android) and my iMac and iPad seem to share the same disagreement. The mini SD card from my phone shows as "no pictures on this disk" when loaded onto the iMac.....grrrr.   >:(Something Bill Gates and Steve Jobs had between them back in the day. ::)

edmartz

Steve....just saw the thread. INCREDIBLE!!! 

They look Awesome!!!  Great job!!

Steve-O

Quote from: edmartz on April 24, 2016, 04:07:01 AM
Steve....just saw the thread. INCREDIBLE!!! 

They look Awesome!!!  Great job!!

Thanks, man!  Taking a bunch with me to Alaska in June for offshore, near and onshore jigging for Lings and rockfish. The island i go to is steep so even on shore one can cast into 120' of water if you give it a decent cast and let  the line peel off. Pretty funny to watch your spool lay out line like forever when you only cast maybe a hundred feet offshore and the jig just keeps going down. Lots of coppers and quillback close in. Pacific cod to 30" in 40' right off the boat dock at the lodge.

I got a bunch of jigs from Jiggng world for Christmas then found a local lead source and started these. A buck a pop is easy on the wallet when you think of breaking off down deep.

I sent some freebies out on the forum with the condition of getting reports and pics back on how they did.

Only David H replied.

broschro

I'm waiting on going out soon. I thought i posted a report but not 100% sure. Going out in May will give it a go with The jig and post a report.   Thanks Steve

edmartz

Steve,

If you have an extra one, PM me I will pay for one and give you pics and a report.  Also PM me your address I will send you some stuff to try!!  

Great looking stuff.  It always feels better catching fish on stuff you made!!!

Keep it up!!

Steve-O

David Hall

Cannot believe I just let this go?  Anyway this is Madison, or Mad Bear as she is affectionately called.