Penn 9/0 with Insert

Started by handi2, November 21, 2015, 10:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

I just finished a 9/0 with the drag insert. I used the Delrin washer under the gear, one on top of the drag stack, (below the "top hat" metal washer), and one under the drag star. With my hand holding the handle and using my index finger to tighten the drag star the drag was 35lbs.

Now that's easy..!!

For the 113H reels I use a 1/2" x 1" Delrin washer. The 114H/115 get a 9/16" x 1" washer. It makes so much easier to tighten the star.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

Nice to have someone else confirm what I've been saying. Thanks for sharing Keith!
These are nice upgrades.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

bluefish69

Monday I bought a Side Winder Reel brand new. These reels are entirely made of Delrin, 1 piece spool & the Reel Seat is machined Brass. No Gears 1-1 Winding, they are good for up to 120' H2O.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

bubba

Is the drag inserts still available for the Penn 9/0

Three se7ens

I will have a small number in stock in the next week or so, and then should have all sizes back in stock in the next couple of weeks.  Ive been having an issue with the carbon fiber washers, but I found a new source and am very happy with how their product performed.