Let's see a picture of your workspace...

Started by steelhead_killer, November 24, 2015, 03:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

Since downsizing last year I have been reduced to storage boxes and the dining room table.  Which I may add must be cleaned up after playing.  When I had a space that I could dedicate to working on my reels it was less organized than now given I had to reduce quantities and get everything into two plastic storage boxes.  Chemicals in one, parts and tools in the other.  So lets see your workspace!
><)))">

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bluefish69

We knew how Fred has his parts & things organized. If we don't see the pictures then we won't get jealous of him. Now I won't be able to sleep after seeing his shop. I'm in the same boat as you with the Dining Rm. Table since day one.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Zimbass

I have nothing to show, even though I have a dedicated room, and workbench for my reel business.

Any one ever mention you may have OCD, and be a hoarder Fred  ;)
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

Mudman

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

I have a hobby room in my house. Problem is, its full of other hobbies and you can barely get in the door.
Fred's workshop is what all others Dream to be.
I usually just haul 6 or 7 parts boxes and a big tool box out to the Big Kitchen Table.
Make a few more trips back and forth. Then go to the garage and do some fitting, then back to the table and assemble. Then put it all back.
I have reels in every room of the house. I broke new ground yesterday, and put one on top of the refrigerator. ;D
Life is Good!

TheReelShop

That is some serious organization. At this point I'm doing as it comes. Holy crap.

Reel 224

Fred; That's a beautiful setup you got. I am ashamed to show my work area after seeing yours, mine is a well organized mess  :D

Joe   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Steve-O

Quote from: Reel 224 on November 24, 2015, 12:40:39 PM
Fred; That's a beautiful setup you got. I am ashamed to show my work area after seeing yours, mine is a well organized mess  :D

Joe   

i'm with you, Joe. My man cave has a workbench (for firearms), a table (for Mrs Kenmore-my 60 year old sewing machine - another hobby), a small rod building table and my primary catch all table. This past week I removed a dozen files and pliers off the table top and it still looks like a 7.5 tremblor on the Richter scale epicentered  right there. :o

So no pictures...use your imagination.  Just take one wall of Fred's shop and ram it from the back with a semi tractor. That's my room. ;D

MidTNKayakAngler

Here is an attachment of my workbench

steelhead_killer

Wow great workspace!  Plenty of space, good light and the storage is unreal.  The more space I have the more stuff ends up in it!  :-\  Any others? Come on repeat after me, My name is ____ I am a reelaholic, my passion defines me and showing my workspace is a healthy outlet.  Don't worry there are many others... ;D
><)))">

STRIPER LOU

Finally got the workshop cleaned up the other day. Still needs help but better!
Fred, your place is amazing. Super well organized and the 2 wood drawer cabinets are awesome. Where did you end up finding them?
Looked at some really nice dental cabinets a while back but the guy wanted $1400.00 for them. NOT!!!!!!
Anyways, the problem here is too much stuff, too little room, and not enough time.
......................Lou

Shark Hunter

Very Nice Lou. I see where your Awesome plugs are created now. Nice Setup. ;)
Life is Good!

Igor Peric

Fred and Lou have a great place to work. Perfect!
In my case... I will quote Shark Hunter: "I have reels in every room of the house."

and Saltiga is on the table beside the my bed, such as aspirin :D