Red Dawn...

Started by coastal_dan, November 24, 2015, 06:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Just as I thought, beautiful....You know, I have an eye for these things ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

coastal_dan

Of that there is no doubt  ;D
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

thorhammer

yeah, pretty nice...I'll PM you my address for that star lol. JK that is a fantastic rig and dangit since the Jigmonster I'm on a red reel kick. That and you guy's anniversary reel pics. You are costing me $$$$$

Big Tim

That's plain insane  ;D It looks fntastic.

BT

Marcq

Sure is a Beaut.. 8)

Marc..

coastal_dan

Thanks all ;D  Just ordered stainless gears and Tom's bearing adjustment knob.  I think there is an end in sight for it being done...nothing else to add!   Sad really.... ::) Haha!  This will be my BSB destroyer (Black Sea Bass)  I plan on doing a few 20 hour trips next fall with it.

David - Sorry I missed your question!  Yes, one of Adam's.  It's a piece of art (In my opinion) he does terrific work.  It is much better than the original, feels fantastic.
Dan from Philadelphia...

mhc

Great reel Dan - It needs a plinth!
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

coastal_dan

Last two photos....promise... ::)

Dan from Philadelphia...

thorhammer

NICE. now you just have to builds one to go fishing with. you can't get that dirty.

twotone

That's a knock out beauty!
twotone

Reel 224

Beautiful looking reel Dan. Nice work!

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

coastal_dan

Bringing up an old post rather than starting a new one....

So after a lot of fine tuning I found out my 'grinding on the down stroke' was the primary dog needing a bit shaved off the back side (thanks to Toms new side plates this has come to light).  Also, my gears were engaging and disengaging under heavy stress...NOT GOOD!  So I put stock steel gears back in and all is smooth as butter.  Not to sure what was up with the PC gears, they look perfect, but just not engaging correctly...odd.  But, I'm happy that she is running smoothly.  I'll test it tomorrow night with a 5 gallon bucket full of 15 lbs of lead...15 min of up a down with the drag engaged is a great test (of my body as well :)  I have a Cod trip next month and hope to get this reel bloody.
Dan from Philadelphia...

broschro

keep us posted Dan and good luck on your cod trip.  Jamie

Shark Hunter

Great Work Dan.
She is a looker. :o
Life is Good!

thorhammer

Very nice piece of work!