Pop's and Pargo

Started by SoCalAngler, November 26, 2015, 09:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

This is not my report but one from my father. My dad went out for a few hours two days ago and could not make bait, They saw a buddy fishing an area so they pulled up but could not get the yellowtail to bite the iron. The other boat had bait and they were catching a nice grade of YT.

My dad went to another location and the pargo were willing to play.

Man I got to get back to Baja.

Steve-O

Thanks for sharing! Some good looking pargo, there. :)

broschro

steelfish

is this in Baja in the town where you pops live?
The Baja Guy

SoCalAngler

Quote from: steelfish on November 27, 2015, 02:36:34 AM
is this in Baja in the town where you pops live?

Yes, they stayed somewhat local and fished Carmen island right off Loreto. Their first top was a place called Punta Baja where they could not get the yellows to bite the iron. Their second top was at a place called Sailfish, which is really three different high spots that come up to around 250' to 280' depending on which high spot your on, and that's where they got the Pargo.

Dominick

Out of all the different fish in Baja Pargo is right up there in taste.  It's a toss up as to which fish tastes the best. Cabrilla or Pargo, although Cabrilla is used for most bottom fish like we use rock fish.  You dad looks great.  That Mexico living looks pretty good to me.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.