welcome, justin!

Started by alantani, November 28, 2015, 02:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i spoke with the justin at truth reels a while back and had a great talk.  i'm probably jumping the gun a little, but i am hoping that this will work out in a positive way.  it's a small company and they make all their own stuff.  we will try a separate board for a while and see how it goes.  if there is enough interest, we will leave it.  if this section goes quiet for a long time, i'll move all the posts over to the "other" category. 

anyway, justin, welcome!!!!  feel free to include links to your site, prices, specials, sales, or anything else.  and we love photos.  post away!   alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rancanfish

I'm not familiar with these though I've heard them mentioned a few times.

I hope we see some pics posted up.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Dominick

Yes, welcome Justin.  Show us something that will knock our socks off.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelhead_killer

Great looking reels!  Love that surf reel!  Santa don't let me down1  ;D
><)))">

Bryan Young

Formally branded as release reels.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

redfish12

Welcome Justin! I have a LEFTY SG and love it!

I know you all are a small company and R&D is expensive... but what are the chances of a narrow reel built modeled on the SG frame with a star drag? 300yrds of 50lb braid, 20-30lbs of drag, LEFT and right hand retrieve, SS internals.... for around $200?

There are no reels on the market that fit this bill except maybe the new Diawa's, but they are way too expensive. I think it would be a very popular reel for bottom fishing and for the kayak crowd.

akfish

Justin -- Is there any chance you'll begin including a schematic with your reels and perhaps a brief guide for self service? And maybe even do away with the loctite on the handle screw?
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

jcm_101

Hello all!

First off I want to thank you Alan for giving us this opportunity to show off out reels on your site!

I'm extremely busy here at Truth, but I will try my best to stay current on questions here on the Forum.

If you can't seem to break through to me here, then shoot me an email! Justin@truthreels.com
Justin Mayer
Truth Reels
(804) 453-3095
Justin@truthreels.com

jcm_101

Quote from: redfish12 on November 29, 2015, 11:11:40 PM
Welcome Justin! I have a LEFTY SG and love it!

I know you all are a small company and R&D is expensive... but what are the chances of a narrow reel built modeled on the SG frame with a star drag? 300yrds of 50lb braid, 20-30lbs of drag, LEFT and right hand retrieve, SS internals.... for around $200?

There are no reels on the market that fit this bill except maybe the new Diawa's, but they are way too expensive. I think it would be a very popular reel for bottom fishing and for the kayak crowd.

That is on our list of reels to be made, but I don't think it'll be anytime within the next year.
Justin Mayer
Truth Reels
(804) 453-3095
Justin@truthreels.com

jcm_101

Quote from: akfish on November 30, 2015, 12:23:05 AM
Justin -- Is there any chance you'll begin including a schematic with your reels and perhaps a brief guide for self service? And maybe even do away with the loctite on the handle screw?

We are currently working on the Schematics. I'll have to talk to Wes (Founder, owner, operator, designer, marketing, R&D, and occasional janitor)

We have plans to do away with the loctite handle screw. Its a much better method, but it'll only be on the next generation reels.
Justin Mayer
Truth Reels
(804) 453-3095
Justin@truthreels.com

alantani

justin, welcome.  you now have moderator privileges for this board and you are set up to have your photos hosted on this website.  we are already set up for youtube videos, so you can just copy the link, paste it here and the video will automatically show up. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ReelCurious

I'm looking forward to knowing more about the star drag surf reel.  It's on my list of must haves when I win the lottery  ;)

steelhead_killer

Quote from: ReelCurious on December 01, 2015, 07:06:14 PM
I'm looking forward to knowing more about the star drag surf reel.  It's on my list of must haves when I win the lottery  ;)

Me too!
><)))">

Stan

I've got a pair of LGs that I use for deep dropping for tilefish and grouper.  Great products!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.