This little Penn

Started by Reel 224, November 28, 2015, 09:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

I received a surprise in the mail yesterday from Sal and I wanted to take before pictures and after. The pictures here are before as you can see and the reel is in great shape, but I wanted to add a few things. I take pictures when I get all the parts together.

Joe

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

handi2

Those are great little reels.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

broschro

Dominick

Hey Joe was that a "get well" present from Sal?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Joe, how do you like that EVA grip?...
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

Yes please advise; I'm doing one of my Mag 10's now and HATE the 24-160 plastic torpedo on it, since I'll be using it cast and retrieve.I'd been eying the EVA over the round aluminum ball.

Alto Mare

Thank you Joe, its good to get opinions from others. ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

coastal_dan

Looking forward to seeing this all done, neat piece!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

thorhammer

Dan, the Mag 10 would make you a great flattie or tog reel for Carolina rigging bait or bucktailing, or even light trolling applications. They are beefier than the 9 Peerless with thicker bars, stand and sleeve, have ball bearings and high speed gears that can take bigger drag, plus obvioulsy a mag control.  They're stronger than equivilent Abu's but smaller than a 310 GTI in terms of castability. Some of my favorite freshwater striper reels and i used them on flounder and Spanish at the beach.

thorhammer

Joe that's a sweet motor but I'm more happy you are getting back in the saddle!! 

John

Alto Mare

Joe, that reel turned out awesome...great Job!

mo65

Wow...that little reel just looks ornery!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Keta

Did you get a chance to put the 15-10 AR dogs in it yet?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain