antique penn 140 squidder in original box new old stock

Started by fishgrain, December 02, 2015, 10:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishgrain

still one of my favorites. guess you could say I am a sucker for any penn models that have the artwork on the 27 non handle side plate. more detailed the better, and love these old boxes too of course.

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

fishgrain

handle is the slightest bit torqued - but cant be felt when cranking, only if you look very close

Oceanreels

Brian Purrone  Member ORCA
http://myfishingreels.weebly.com/

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

The Great Maudu

That's a beauty. Look at the price on the box. Pretty fair amount of money back in the day. Are you putting this up on eBay?

Reel 224

Beautiful reel, I couldn't help noticing the price on the box. "$25.00"  That was a steal. ;)

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

fishgrain

'fair trade price' - classic language love it.

guess that is the prior generation equivalent to MAP.

would be great to hear from someone who has more info about the 'fair trade price' system

before my time unfortunately

yes the item is for sale.

The Great Maudu

Mike C has a good explanation in his book on fair trade policy. PM about purchasing your reel please. Best,
Mike

Reel 224

Quote from: fishgrain on December 03, 2015, 02:55:58 PM
'fair trade price' - classic language love it.

guess that is the prior generation equivalent to MAP.

would be great to hear from someone who has more info about the 'fair trade price' system

before my time unfortunately

yes the item is for sale.

What is your asking price, PM me.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

fishgrain

The Great Maudu

Sorry brother, I was asking you to send me the pm if you were selling. Btw... I've bought several of your eBay items and you are great to do Biz with.

Penn Chronology

Beautiful, early 1950's Squidder 140. Interesting fact about the price of a Squidder, even in 1939, the introduction year, the Squidder 140 was $25. Twenty Five bucks seemed to be the number for  Penn Squidder 140 for the first 20 years or so of it manufacture. The Penn Squidder 140 was the best conventional surf fishing reel in the world, so it was a bit pricey. It was still a great seller.

When I was young, I could never afford a Squidder, so I fished with a Beachmaster 155. Dimensionally exactly the same as a Squidder, the 155 served me well.

fishgrain

i am always interested in how one reel compares to another - and this sounds like an interesting case to investigate.

squidder vs beachmaster