Aluminum Jig Master side plate sets

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 05, 2015, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

Wow I just read through this whole thread again, stunning reels all around.
Looks like all the bugs are worked out before I even got started.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading all the posts and drooling over the pictures, I didn't get started collecting parts soon enough? hope there are more builds waiting out there to add to this thread.  I'd like to read the whole thing over several more times.

sdlehr

David, I recently scored a collection of parts on eBay for not too many dollars so I can easily afford to give some of them away. If you need some brass parts I probably have them. I've also got some posts and a stand. If you build a Cortez Conversions Jigmaster you'll need spool, posts/stand or frame, Eccentric, eccentric lever and eccentric spring, clutch springs. Also drag star and crank/handle. I think everything else is available SS. I think I have pinion yolk, eccentric and eccentric jack in brass also if you're interested. Let me know.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

coastal_dan

The trick with 'shaving the dog' really helped my Accurate Side plates as well, I feel like knowing that slight modification will save dozens of folks from the aggravation of putting a new project all back together, just to have a slight 'grind'.

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

David Hall

Quote from: sdlehr on February 12, 2016, 03:41:20 PM
David, I recently scored a collection of parts on eBay for not too many dollars so I can easily afford to give some of them away. If you need some brass parts I probably have them. I've also got some posts and a stand. If you build a Cortez Conversions Jigmaster you'll need spool, posts/stand or frame, Eccentric, eccentric lever and eccentric spring, clutch springs. Also drag star and crank/handle. I think everything else is available SS. I think I have pinion yolk, eccentric and eccentric jack in brass also if you're interested. Let me know.

Sid

I have all internals, I'm looking for tiburon or accurate black 99 frame

sdlehr

Quote from: David Hall on February 12, 2016, 07:17:13 PM
I have all internals, I'm looking for tiburon or accurate black 99 frame
Afraid I can't help you with that....
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Aiala

Well, since I'm so in love with the earrings I had made from the New Zealand abalone shells Dwight sent me...

... I figured, why not a matching reel, soooo... VoilĂ !

As we ladies all know, there's nothing better than finding the perfect accessory, LOL   :)  ;)  :D  ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

pjstevko

Quote from: Aiala on February 17, 2016, 08:16:56 PM
Well, since I'm so in love with the earrings I had made from the New Zealand abalone shells Dwight sent me...

... I figured, why not a matching reel, soooo... VoilĂ !

As we ladies all know, there's nothing better than finding the perfect accessory, LOL   :)  ;)  :D  ;D

~A~

Very nice reel!

I love that all the pieces are different colors....

broadway

Aiala,
   You're awesome! You'll be fishing in style this season. Post a photo when the earrings and reel make their debut.
I have to hide this thread from the misses. ;)
Dom

David Hall

broschro

:o Awesome looking reel you have yourself Aiala.

anglingarchitect

Very pretty, it's matches the ear rings very well. You could rig with an assist hook and use the ear ring if you run out of bait.

PacRat

Beautiful reel! Very original color scheme. What color line do you plan to use?
Mike

Aiala

Thank you, gents! I am ridiculously pleased with myself.   ;D

Quote from: PacRat on February 18, 2016, 03:01:25 PM
Beautiful reel! Very original color scheme. What color line do you plan to use? Mike

Mike, is there any other color??   ;)  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

PacRat

Now you're going to need a very special rod or it will look like a dog with that beauty sitting on it. I think you nailed it with the line color.
Mike

thorhammer

Yeah that calls for Vadney with matching marbling. No question at all.   

J