Aluminum Jig Master side plate sets

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 05, 2015, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Andy, if you have a wad of grease on the keyed part of the spool shaft, that grease will travel down the shaft and gum up inside pinion and slow freespool way down.

I've actually had the best results using dremel on the pinion hole. I found sometimes the keyed part of the pinion has a tiny spec sticking inward, just enough to screw up freespool. Also make sure your yoke is nice and flat. A slightly bent yoke will cause all kinds of headaches

....also echoing what Mike said. The 500 was always a bushing reel and changing to bearing isn't always a walk in the park.

One more thing is check the tabs on the underside of the jack. I've found that if they are not sticking up enough, the pinion will not fully disengage....Also note it is very important to have the correct yoke springs. Also make sure both yoke springs are of equal strength. One stiff spring and one soft spring will make your pinion sit a little off kilter while in freespool.

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

steelhead_killer

Thank you Ted, Mike & Sal amongst others.  Now that I have given myself several days to recover from the carpal tunnel and rotor cuff injury caused from assembly and dis-assembly of this little beast so many many times, I will focus on the pinion and, yoke and spindle.  It is really the only place left to cause issues.

Thanks again!

Andy
><)))">

steelhead_killer

Quote from: Maxed Out on February 19, 2017, 08:55:34 PM
Andy, if you have a wad of grease on the keyed part of the spool shaft, that grease will travel down the shaft and gum up inside pinion and slow freespool way down.

I've actually had the best results using dremel on the pinion hole. I found sometimes the keyed part of the pinion has a tiny spec sticking inward, just enough to screw up freespool. Also make sure your yoke is nice and flat. A slightly bent yoke will cause all kinds of headaches

....also echoing what Mike said. The 500 was always a bushing reel and changing to bearing isn't always a walk in the park.

One more thing is check the tabs on the underside of the jack. I've found that if they are not sticking up enough, the pinion will not fully disengage....Also note it is very important to have the correct yoke springs. Also make sure both yoke springs are of equal strength. One stiff spring and one soft spring will make your pinion sit a little off kilter while in freespool.

Winner Winner Chicken dinner!  Jack tabs were not at the right angle to allow the pinion to recess far enough.  Once that was corrected no rub and free spool is easily over a 60 seconds.  Thanks again everyone.  I think this gentleman will love his retirement gift from the guys at the office.  Ted, adult beverage is on me!

Andy
><)))">

Cortez_Conversions

Hey all,
I found a set of blue JigMaster side plates. They are on the website if anyone is interested.
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Cortez_Conversions

New batch of plates coming soon.
I have four colors at the moment: Sliver, Black, Cobalt Blue and Ice Blue.
What other colors? I'm going to do the standard Bordeaux Red in the next batch. Purple, too.
What other colors do you all want?

The price will go up a little as I'm including color matched eccentric levers with the kit.

Tom
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

CooldadE

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

cmdrzog

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

rodent

I would be in for two sets in black please, thank you.

STRIPER LOU

I'm in for a set in purple!

Thanks,  ..  Lou

CooldadE

CooldadE

Are the new sideplates going to fit only the new style Tib frames ?
Or will they be available for the old style frames ?

Cool

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: CooldadE on September 07, 2018, 09:33:36 PM
Are the new sideplates going to fit only the new style Tib frames ?
Or will they be available for the old style frames ?

Cool

I don't think Tiburon ever made a new style frame for the JigMaster. So to answer your question, these will only fit the old style frames from Tiburon or Accurate.

These will be on the website momentarily. This is the first batch, the next batches will be arriving in the weeks to come.

Tom

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman