Chris's 12/0

Started by Shark Hunter, December 15, 2015, 06:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 17, 2015, 08:59:57 PM
It is Just Tom Hryinuk and me.
I could use a little help with the shipping back to Korea. ;)

Daron, email sent.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

Guys,
No more help will be needed.
Special thanks to Tom Hryniuk, Dominick, Thorhammer, Ted and twotone.
Chris will be a happy guy to get his reel back hot rodded free of charge compliments of alantani.com ;)
I will post pics of the rebuild this weekend.
Life is Good!

ez2cdave

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 18, 2015, 05:07:38 AM
Guys,
No more help will be needed.
Special thanks to Tom Hryniuk, Dominick, Thorhammer, Ted and twotone.
Chris will be a happy guy to get his reel back hot rodded free of charge compliments of alantani.com ;)
I will post pics of the rebuild this weekend.

With all that probably has been done to this 12/0, it must be "bulletproof" now ! ! !

Tightlines667

Daron,
You are a great guy!

Keep up the great work.  You make everyone here look good, through your continued good deeds.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Just paying it forward John.
When I first came here. Sal took me under his wing. It took me a little while to catch on.
Out of the blue, He gave me a handle that I couldn't find. It wasn't a cheap handle either.
It finally sunk in.
There is a lot of people that come and go never to be seen again.
I'm just doing what makes this site so Great.
I had a little help with this one, the outpouring was incredible.
Chris will be a Happy Camper and so will we. ;)
Life is Good!

Lowprofile

Thanks guys!

I was telling my buddy Josh about this whole we were on the Breakwall the other night and can't wait to drag it out there in search of grinners.

broschro

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alto Mare

I know Chris will be getting a heck of a reel. Good job Daron.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I really wanted to get into this reel to see why Chris's drag was backing off. I didn't find anything out of the ordinary, Other than he had a spacer on top of the Belleville. I either do one or the other.
He won't have to worry about that anymore with the insert.
I understand now your concern with the dog engagement.
I left your original the same length and notched it to the sleeve, put it on the bottom and cut the top to fit.
In the garage, I was ready to wrap it up.
My neighbor came over with the sailor jerry.
I'll finish it up soon. Happy with the progress. ;)
Life is Good!

Dominick

Hey Daron I have one of those hammers.  It's my favorite hammer to have handing when working reels.  Good job, Chris is going to be happy.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ez2cdave

Quote from: Dominick on December 26, 2015, 05:31:52 AM
Hey Daron I have one of those hammers.  It's my favorite hammer to have handing when working reels.  Good job, Chris is going to be happy.  Dominick

Is that a "dead-blow" style hammer ?

Tight Lines !

Shark Hunter

I think it is a Jeweler's hammer. Like the one in Shawshank Redemption referred to as a Rock Hammer.
Miniature and perfect for driving sleeve pins.
I got in the garage again this afternoon to try and sand down some windshield wiper inserts for dog springs.
Very tedious work. I need a belt sander and I will have one in the next few days after trying to sand this down with hand tools. I got a small piece down enough to make it work.
I probably spent two hours making those two little stainless springs.
Your reel is ready Chris. You sent it to me with no rod clamp, brace, star or handle.
It will come back to you as you see it. Star and stainless handle with all the upgrades that I know of.
SS posts, dogs, sleeve, Insert, Handle and 5/0 grip.
The drag is different than a regular Senator. Probably 10 lbs fully backed off, to full drag in one turn of the star. More than you can hold on to. ;)
It will be smooth, just with small increments. It is the most modern upgrade to the 12/0 to date.
Life is Good!

swill88

looks like a tack hammer to me...

Dominick

Quote from: swill88 on December 27, 2015, 04:51:31 AM
looks like a tack hammer to me...
It is with the magnet on the back for taking the brads out of your mouth and starting the tack.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

All my hard work and you guys are still talking about the hammer?
It is a sleeve pin hammer, nothing else! :D
Life is Good!