The Search Goes On

Started by Maxed Out, December 23, 2015, 07:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

If you keep looking, you never know what you'll find.

Just a good old beachmaster ??.....think again. Sometimes it's not about the reel.....in this case it's all about a 1956/57- 32 page color pocket catalog that never went into production and although there may be more out there, to this day the one pictured here is the only one known to exist. :o The last pic shows it in comparison to the black and white #20 we are all familiar with.

I've had this for a few years now and thought I'd share it with my AT family.........no drooling please  :D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Tightlines667

Wow Ted.. nice score!  You can send me that Beach master and box if you didn't really want it.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Penn Chronology

I remember that catalog and I also remember that, so far, the one you found is the only one ever found. That is special! Have a great holiday!!

The Great Maudu

Great find Ted. Those catalogs look awesome in color. Way nicer than the B&W. Did that just happen to show up in the box with that gorgeous reel?

coastal_dan

Love seeing these special items.  Thanks for sharing Ted.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Maxed Out

Quote from: The Great Maudu on December 24, 2015, 07:12:40 AM
Great find Ted. Those catalogs look awesome in color. Way nicer than the B&W. Did that just happen to show up in the box with that gorgeous reel?

Well, it didn't just "happen".   I did see what appeared to be some sort of unknown literature prior to buying, but until it arrived I wasn't quite sure what I had found....

.... yes the pocket color catalog came with the reel in the pic.... which came from the estate of a man that worked at the penn plant for many years.

sdlehr

So it, "just kind of happened". Congratulations. That's the definition of rare. Like Sal's SS Jigmaster. One of a kind.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

The Great Maudu

Maxed Out

Quote from: The Great Maudu on December 25, 2015, 04:21:05 PM
Sal has a SS Jigmaster ? :o

Nope, it's just a rumor. I heard he made with a 3D printer  ;D ;D

mo65

There has been more interest in the old catalogs lately...this one is definitely top o' the heap. Another great find Ted.8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

bluefish69

I'm a BAD Boy

I remember throwing the catalogs in the trash &  saying "Who needs this Junk"

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Maxed Out

I am revisiting this thread just to hear if any more of these color pocket catalogs have been located. So far to my knowledge this is the only one found....5 years later and still nada.

I will offer $300 for one if anyone knows of one for sale.....I believe I could add another zero to that offer and still never find another !!

Ted

Fishy247

I'm pretty late coming into this thread, and this is the first one I've seen or heard of. Very cool stuff!
Thanks for sharing :D

Mike

1badf350

Oh wow that is pretty cool Ted!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

oc1

I remember that catalog from my youth.  Who knew I should have put it in the safety deposit box instead of the trash can.
-steve