Penn 113H 4/0 Aluminum Side Plates.

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 24, 2015, 06:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

They will fit allot of different plates. The 113 4/0 plates Tom just made. The accurate covers for the squidder magnum,jigmaster plates and 113 4/0 plates. Also Tom's custom squidder side plates.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Rancanfish on May 29, 2016, 03:30:11 PM
I keep going back and looking at these reels over and over.  Now I want green and red too.

David are those knurled bearing knobs from Tom?  I have three in a bag and thought they were for jigmasters. 

Yes Randy, I had a few extras too and installed on a couple of Tom's 4/0 plates.....Toms knurled bearing cup fits his jigmasters and 4/0's

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Rancanfish

Thanks for the info guys.  Since I only recently acquired the 113h's I'm learning new stuff everyday.

I have been going to my binder of reel schematics and finding cross fitting parts between jigmasters and 113h's.  Saved myself a few bucks since I already had springs, etc.

I kind of like the smooth look better without the knurled knob on my narrow.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Alto Mare

Dave, you messed me up with that red reel, now I need to hunt older style frames.

What a difference those rings make...love it!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 29, 2016, 09:32:32 PM
Dave, you messed me up with that red reel, now I need to hunt older style frames.

What a difference those rings make...love it!

Sal

I know Sal, you get your hands on Toms beautiful plates and suddenly your frame hunting again, I'm looking for a 4/0 accurate or Tiburon frame and spool to match up with my blue side plates, I'd like to find a topless gold frame and spool, hunting is tedious, I found an old school full frame tiburon but can't decide if that's the route I want to go.  Fortunately I'm almost out of Toms side plates so the hunting will end sometime.

handi2

I just missed a set of Accurate side plates for $85.00 shipped on my local fishing forum. Silver too. Just what I needed.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: handi2 on May 29, 2016, 11:36:16 PM
I just missed a set of Accurate side plates for $85.00 shipped on my local fishing forum. Silver too. Just what I needed.
I still have inventory of the old style in all colors.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

handi2

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on May 30, 2016, 01:48:33 AM
Quote from: handi2 on May 29, 2016, 11:36:16 PM
I still have inventory of the old style in all colors.

When the used frame I purchased gets here I will let you know. It was local and I don't know which style frame it is.

Keith

The 113H Tibron frame I got is the new style.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

anglingarchitect

Ron Jones

I really like the rings, makes the reel pop. Can't wait to hear how these fish.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

steelfish

beautiful Work Tom, this reel will have a lot of attention eventho doesnt have the alloy frame

still beatiful with a graphite half frame

The Baja Guy

anglingarchitect

Toms plates make any reel look good.

mark

steelfish

Guys What size of the hex Keys did you used to tighten the screws?
I have a set of metric sizes but I dont think they are metric sized?
The Baja Guy

BryanC

Quote from: steelfish on June 03, 2016, 03:36:12 AM
Guys What size of the hex Keys did you used to tighten the screws?
I have a set of metric sizes but I dont think they are metric sized?

FWIW, I used three different sizes.  The smallest was for the clicker spring.  One size up from that for the side plate screws.  And one more size up for the bridge screws.  Not sure of the sizes though.  I just rooted around in my drawer of hex keys until I found ones that fit.

mhc

I used a 5/64" for the clicker screws, 3/32" for the side plate screws and 7/64" for the bridge screws.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.