Penn 113H 4/0 Aluminum Side Plates.

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 24, 2015, 06:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

I was able to rework the  bridge screws this weekend.
For those of you that had fitment issues, PM me your name, address, and number of sets, and I'll get a new set out to you.
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

wascallywabit

Tom, I'll take a set of new style black plates if you have any left.

Ed

cbar45

Couldn't resist putting a 4/0 together using whatever parts were on hand.

This one is bone-stock running steel gears, stainless bars, and Tom's side plates.

Assembly was straightforward--no issues.

The plates are very nice and well worth the cost.

Chad

steelfish

Quote from: cbar45 on May 03, 2016, 07:26:45 PM

This one is bone-stock running steel gears, stainless bars, and Tom's side plates.

Chad

sometimes beauty is on the simple things, this reel looks gorgeous, black and chrome, maybe a black bigger knob and you're set

-- Alex
The Baja Guy

STRIPER LOU

She's a beauty Chad and your correct, the workmanship on the side plates is excellent!

Hey, wanted to let you know I had a small scrap of the stabilized wood to play with. Turns up nicely on the lathe but definitely different than the Acrylic and its hard to believe its even more expensive !!!
Regards, ..  Lou

Maxed Out

That's a beautiful reel Chad. I especially like the low profile "D" shaped lugs. I believe those are only found on the earliest 113H models.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

cbar45

Thanks Daron!

Ted,
I'm with you on those lugs--they make for a nice clean look, thought the newer ones are slightly beefier. Just wish they came in stainless.

Lou,
Thanks, I was wondering if you ever got the chance to follow up on that. From what I've seen of your acrylic knobs, I'm sure the stabilized will have the same level of craftsmanship. Got any photos?

Alex,
Good idea on the knob. As Henry Ford wrote, you can have any color you want as long as it's black!...(and silver)...;)

Keta

Quote from: cbar45 on May 04, 2016, 08:54:39 AM
Thanks Daron!

Ted,
I'm with you on those lugs--they make for a nice clean look, thought the newer ones are slightly beefier. Just wish they came in stainless.

They can be cut, PM me the dimensions you want.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

DaBigOno

Simplicity at its finest!  

Thats really some nice work Chad  ;)
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

thorhammer

Quote from: cbar45 on May 03, 2016, 07:26:45 PM

very slick.....the butterscotch is by far my favorite stock handle.  I'm hunting Stren Hi Vis gold in 50lb for these.

Chad

RowdyW

Chad, do you know Stren Hi-Vis Gold line is actually Orange? I got some on ebay. You might have to look under catfish mono line.      Rudy

thorhammer

Hey Rudy , this is me hunting it. The original HI VIS Gold actually is more yellow than orange; I just bought some Catfish Orange also because the Gold is very hard to come by. I'll post a pic this weekend but you are correct the Catfish is rather orange. Which raises a bigger question...am I actually going fishing or matching a tie to a suit???

Lord. I think I need a cane pole....

John

RowdyW

John, I have a couple of reels with the Hi-Vis Gold that is over 8 years old & it is the same color as the new catfish line (orange). I was in contact with Stren about a year ago to find out if they had any old stock. It's all gone, they said I have to use the catfish line. There aren't many colors that will match it but that hi-vis "orange" sure is visible day or night. At night when you shine any kind of light at it, it looks like it has lights in it. I haven't found anything brighter day or night. I'm sure you wouldn't want to wear a tie that color ;D ;D

thorhammer

Noted....and you are correct sir, I'm too big and ugly for an orange suit!!! lmao