Penn 113H 4/0 Aluminum Side Plates.

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 24, 2015, 06:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonRico

OK, I'll bite!  ;D

I'll take one set of old type plates in blue, if available.
Steve from Florida

*Not actually named Ron*

*Not actually from St. Pomme de Terre*

Shark Hunter

Where you been Rico?
You have to stay in touch to get the latest and greatest.
Tom has been delivering the goods! Born in the USA Baby!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRxAs3YZjcc&feature=player_embedded
Life is Good!

napilimaui

Thanks Tom, I just received side plates today.

Can anyone tell me where those two bronze bushings go? Do I need them?
Thanks in advance,
Max

mikeysm

You can use them in place of the bearings less chance of problems if you don't service your reel often.

Mike

Cortez_Conversions

It has been brought to my attention that some of the colors have built up a bit in the bearing pocket of the right side plate.
Try putting both the plate and the bearing in the freezer for about 15 minutes. I found it made installing and removing much easier.
Tom

Ps. I am out of bronze bushings, so if you have your heart set on them, please let me know.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

RonRico

Hello, are any old style plates available?
Steve from Florida

*Not actually named Ron*

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

wascallywabit

RonRico

Look who's getting a set of blue plates!  ;D
Steve from Florida

*Not actually named Ron*

thorhammer

had been stockpiling a few 113H organ donors in advance of these builds and was focusing on older ones with steel gears, but in a case of cranio-rectal infarction I forgot they had tophats.....what spacer do I need to to tighten up the handle slop?

thanks!

John

PacRat

John,
I had the same concern but I was impatient and decided to put mine together with the top-hat inside the plate. There's no contact and no friction or sign of interference. Maybe Tom designed them this way. Let us know if this works for you too.
-Mike

RowdyW

Quote from: thorhammer on May 11, 2016, 06:48:15 PM
had been stockpiling a few 113H organ donors in advance of these builds and was focusing on older ones with steel gears, but in a case of cranio-rectal infarction I forgot they had tophats.....what spacer do I need to to tighten up the handle slop?

thanks!

John
John, use an 18-970 tension spring & a 9-113h spacing sleeve on top of the drag stack. That's the way a later 113h &113hl are built       Rudy

Alto Mare

Some of these plates are getting big and taller:

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rancanfish

Quote from: PacRat on May 11, 2016, 08:07:39 PM
John,
I had the same concern but I was impatient and decided to put mine together with the top-hat inside the plate. There's no contact and no friction or sign of interference. Maybe Tom designed them this way. Let us know if this works for you too.
-Mike

I tried that and had a no-go situation.  Scott's & EBay parts on the way.  I'm going to use the top hat to put the old reel back together.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

PacRat

Sorry John...I forgot to mention I have Adam's drag inserts in a Newell gear with a delrin washer under the gear in mine. That might be the difference. Which gear and drag are you using?
Mike