Penn 113H 4/0 Aluminum Side Plates.

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 24, 2015, 06:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: mhc on June 03, 2016, 02:21:07 PM
I used a 5/64" for the clicker screws, 3/32" for the side plate screws and 7/64" for the bridge screws.

Mike

thanks Mike, I knew it, they are SAE sizes
The Baja Guy

PacRat

I like these from McMaster Carr. They could be shortened but I like them long as they act like a torque wrench. I tighten until the shaft flexes a bit. When I loosen a screw it makes a crisp little snap as the screw cracks loose. Also, I grip the shaft between my finger tips and I can spin these real quickly in or out with a lot more finesse than a screwdriver. What I really like about using this technique is that I can feel any resistance and stop before damaging anything. Once the screw is fully seated I torque down on it until the shaft flexes a little.
-Mike

Maxed Out

I have same Eklind brand Mike, except mine has a solid T-bar handle.

This one came from Stellar Industrial Supply.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

steelfish

nice, I will try to find those drivers, they look pretty cool and bet they work even better.

thanks again Mike

The Baja Guy

swill88

Quote from: steelfish on June 03, 2016, 11:20:39 PM
nice, I will try to find those drivers, they look pretty cool and bet they work even better.

thanks again Mike

got this on on ebay... good quality German made... good seller too...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wiha-54008-7-64-Soft-Grip-Ball-End-Hex-SAE-Dual-Drive-T-handle-/162002542233?hash=item25b81a9e99:g:Q2wAAOSwmmxW4PKZ

Cortez_Conversions

I still have inventory on the old style plates in Ice Blue, Silver, Black, and Green.
I'll be listing them on Ebay this week, so if you are on the fence on these, please let me know.
Thanks!
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Yogi_fish808

Finally got around to getting a donor reel for the needed parts going into my Ice blues. Was stoked that I found a 113hlw with SS gears and sleeve. The current frame, spool and handle are just to test fit...to make it into the reel it can be I need a shiny new T4W kit and one of the bosses SS handles. Can't wait to finish this build and hook up to a big trevally!

Alto Mare

Looks great already Yogy...good job!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

Tom side plates on a nice tiburon wide frame

The Baja Guy

RiverAngler

Nice!  I'm still building mine. I need a frame, spool, gearset, and handle. The I'm done.
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

What are you looking for specifically (colors, widths, etc.)?

RiverAngler

I don't have the finances yet, but I'll call you when I do.
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Alto Mare

A couple of Mark's reels:

Enjoy them Mark!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

handi2

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on June 15, 2016, 03:59:36 AM
I still have inventory on the old style plates in Ice Blue, Silver, Black, and Green.
I'll be listing them on Ebay this week, so if you are on the fence on these, please let me know.
Thanks!
Tom

Tom did you get the email from me wanting some of the old style 113H side plates?

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Rancanfish

Keith, I think Tom went on a little fishing trip.  He'll be back soon.  Today?  I'm talking to him too re: some side plates.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.