Penn 113H 4/0 Aluminum Side Plates.

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 24, 2015, 06:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

That is SWEET!!! :o  Nice color combo.
.....Lou

Maxed Out

Nice reel Anthony.

The old style plates look awesome with the slotted bars.

How bout a head on shot of that green goblin
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

twotone

Here you go Ted (head shot) !

Yes to pretty to use Tightlines.
twotone

Alto Mare

Beautiful, definitely my favorite color combination ...good job!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Maxed Out

It'll be hard to top that build Anthony.

Stay tuned, matching green knob might appear out of thin air  ;D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Gfish

This one's for Randy(Rancanfish), 'cause I can't show a photo in the PM section relative to the new plates and the new/old tib. Frames, but please comment if you wanna. Tryin to buy his plates for my T4N, some confusion on my part. Will Tom's newst plates fit?
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Rancanfish

If your frame has cut outs, the side plates with cut outs will not work.

The lugs would float in the cut out.

I can't see in your pic, sorry.

I wish the plates were referred to as cut out / not cut out.  I can't keep up with new style frame, old style frame, new style plates, old style plates.

Some of the guys have it all down, I'm not so lucky.  I think I messed up a deal I made earlier and I don't want a repeat with one of the Ohana.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

RowdyW

Gfish, the frame you are showing in the right side of the photo will fit the new style CC plates.          Rudy              

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

RowdyW

I go by the lip on the outer edge of the frame. The older style Tib & the Accurate frames are flat across the ends of the frame. New style CC plates will fit old style Tib & Accurate frames if you reuse the original inner rings. Old style CC plates only fit older style Tib & Accurate frames. The new style CC plates have a step machined in the inner edge to fit into the new style frame or install inner rings on the new style CC plates to use them on older style Tib or Accurate frames. Just look for the step on the plates or the lip on the frames for the new style system.              Rudy

Gfish

Thanks much Rudy! Looks like a go Randy. If you'ed like to sell 'em to me, PM me instructions, please. Mabey we were over- thinkin it, or perhaps it was the way it was written at the beginning of this thread?...
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

vilters

Question for Tom, probably been asked/answered already, but here goes:
how come no more plates in black? too difficult/expensive to produce, or not enough demand? either way, these are great, and I'm very happy with ALL of my cortez conversions products. THANKS Tom!!!!

Cortez_Conversions

Choosing colors is always tough.
Black is usually a hard sell, especially to those who are really fishing their gear. The dark colors show every nick, scratch, dent, and ding. While I love all the shelfies, I really do want to see this stuff fished! My productions runs are small and so having a myriad of colors is not cost effective. It would also be impossible to keep any one color in stock.
I added red and skipped the black this go around. Maybe if there is another run I'll bring back the black by demand!
Thank you,
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Gfish

Tom, is it to early to put in a request for a pair of silver side plates for the Tib. T4N "new style" frame(1-set)?
This request relative to your post on Randy's Vintage Offshore Tackle where he answered my post about same. Red's OK too and cosmetically challenged no biggie.
Gfish