Penn 113H 4/0 Aluminum Side Plates.

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 24, 2015, 06:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

Here's a pic of my black and red yts, finally got one to function perfectly. If you look closely I used a Custom finished star and blade from Dom (Broadway) that adds a very unique look. (Nice work Dom). Was wondering if it's possible to anodize side plates like these and if so would anyone else be interested? The picture doesn't do justice to the parts but it would make a very unique reel. There's so much variation in color they'd work on about any frame and every reel would have a one of a kind pattern. Any thoughts? Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Alto Mare

Quote from: Swami805 on May 02, 2018, 11:22:32 PM
Here's a pic of my black and red yts, finally got one to function perfectly. If you look closely I used a Custom finished star and blade from Dom (Broadway) that adds a very unique look. (Nice work Dom). Was wondering if it's possible to anodize side plates like these and if so would anyone else be interested? The picture doesn't do justice to the parts but it would make a very unique reel. There's so much variation in color they'd work on about any frame and every reel would have a one of a kind pattern. Any thoughts? Sheridan
You are right Sheridan picture doesn't do justice...where is the pic? :D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

Pic didn't post

day0ne

Looks like someone has been heating titanium.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Alto Mare

Sheridan, you are absolutely correct, those  are not easy to photograph. They do look much better live.
I've done a few assembly using those and was impressed.
Dom also sent me a set ( star and blade) with fish scales...they look great!

I've watched knife making in the past, I'm not sure how these are done, but acid dipping might be involved.
Either way, they look great!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

The reel so nice I photoed it thrice!  One of these days I'll get this computer thing figured out.

mhc

Quote from: Swami805 on May 03, 2018, 01:16:28 PM
The reel so nice I photoed it thrice! 

;D It deserves three photos!

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Alto Mare

Here is the set I was talking about, also from Broadway!

I couldn't find it, I had it with my special stuff ;D

Thanks again Dom!

Sal

By the way Sheridan, that handle screw is throwing your set off and it has to go! ...just a problem I have with small details :)

Swami805

I concur!  Just got some new ones from mysticparts. Just figured out I can save a bundle of money by getting the few small parts I need without buying donor reels. A few springs and screws is all it takes! Slow on the uptake sometimes.  Still looking for a clicker spring to build my CC 349 if someone has an extra

So what do you think side plates in that finish?

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

xjchad

Quote from: Swami805 on May 03, 2018, 02:32:23 PM
I concur!  Just got some new ones from penn parts. Just figured out I can save a bundle of money by getting the few small parts I need without buying donor reels. A few springs and screws is all it takes! Slow on the uptake sometimes.  Still looking for a clicker spring to build my CC 349 if someone has an extra

Sheridan,
Is it the "C" shaped clicker spring you need, or the dog spring?  I went though the schematics and parts lists and no clicker spring is shown so I'm assuming it's riveted to the side plate like others I've seen. 
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Swami805

Yeah it's not on the schematic and one didn't come with the kit. It's the bid c shapes one the screws into the side plate.

Cortez_Conversions

Shoot me your address and I'll get one out to you.
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Alto Mare

Quote from: Swami805 on May 03, 2018, 02:32:23 PM
I concur!  Just got some new ones from mysticparts. Just figured out I can save a bundle of money by getting the few small parts I need without buying donor reels. A few springs and screws is all it takes! Slow on the uptake sometimes.  Still looking for a clicker spring to build my CC 349 if someone has an extra

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

I think the plates would look awesome. I'm nit sure it could be done on aluminum plates, but I'm no expert.
I do Think that titanium plates would be crazy expensive...but who knows :-\

Swami805

Thanks Tom. I need to order a few things this weekend so that'll work out

Cortez_Conversions

New plate going on the website in a few minutes!

Colors are Silver, Black, Green, Ice Blue and Bordeaux Red(this is the normal deep red).

Tom

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal