Offset handles

Started by Three se7ens, January 04, 2016, 02:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Here is the Beef! ;D
Adam, You knocked this one out of the park!
Fit and finish is excellent.
I know it must be a demanding task to put up with our needs, but you will never hear a complaint from me. ;)
I sent you a paypal payment last week for four more of these for the 116 and up. 5/16" handle hole for the best grip on the Planet!
10/0 with some serious crank!
Life is Good!

thorhammer

Me likey. Is that Alan's Kokelar knob?

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Please note that Pete Kokelar does not make handles for Alan any longer.  He has a couple of other buddies that build these for him now.  Therefore, they are just called Alan Tani's Handles.  ;)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

steelfish

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 07, 2017, 04:59:05 PM
Please note that Pete Kokelar does not make handles for Alan any longer. 

always wondered if Kokelar was kind of a blend of Delrin and another ingredient to make the Kokelar thingy  ::) ::)
The Baja Guy

Army_of_One

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 07, 2017, 04:27:51 AM
Here is the Beef! ;D
Adam, You knocked this one out of the park!
Fit and finish is excellent.
I know it must be a demanding task to put up with our needs, but you will never hear a complaint from me. ;)
I sent you a paypal payment last week for four more of these for the 116 and up. 5/16" handle hole for the best grip on the Planet!
10/0 with some serious crank!
That looks, familiar, and awesome.  ;D Do you catch your index finger between the handle and grip when you crank?
Another day in Paradise!

Shark Hunter

Maybe. ;)
Life is Good!

Army_of_One

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 09, 2017, 03:36:51 AM
Maybe. ;)

Thank you for clearing up the catching concern.  If your finger won't get caught, I know mine won't.  That is a massive combo.  :P  The handle looks like it's as long as the reel diameter. 
Another day in Paradise!

Three se7ens

Quote from: Army_of_One on June 09, 2017, 03:45:15 AM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 09, 2017, 03:36:51 AM
Maybe. ;)

Thank you for clearing up the catching concern.  If your finger won't get caught, I know mine won't.  That is a massive combo.  :P  The handle looks like it's as long as the reel diameter. 

On the 10/0 and up its roughly 4.25" from the center of the gear sleeve to the center of the knob on the long setting.  The 6/0 and 9/0 handles are 1/8" shorter.  The short position is 5/8" shorter on each. 

These handles are cut from 0.220" thick plate and machined to 0.190"-0.200" thickness prior to bending. 

Eddy

Hi,

Can you please send me details of the upgrade handle blanks that you can offer for a
Penn Baja Special 113HN reel on: de.rey@t-online.de

Thanks.

Derek.

Shark Hunter

These offset handles are really nice. Especially the 14 and 16/0 Versions.
I need more. ;)
Life is Good!

thorhammer

coastal_dan

Just to share some info I got from Adam after ordering this handle for my US113N.

Hole centers between the gear sleeve and the handle post are as follows for this size handle:

"2.75" and 3.38"

Thanks
Adam"

With it installed in the 'power' hole that is 3/8" longer than the stock handle o.c. dimensions.

Looking forward to pulling my 5/0 AT handle off of the factory arm and installing it on Adams arm.  I'm hoping for a bit of gain in cranking ease up from the deeps of Davey Jones Locker...
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

otghoyt

Hi Adam;

I am in need of another 6/0 offset handle.  i really appreciate the extra leverage. 

justa question.....does the small, socket head, locking screw on your arm have the same threads (TPI) as the Penn locking screw?  I broke the head off the socket screw while walking it into the threads.  It seems to have a really tight tolerance between the 23-116 nut and the socket head screw provided.  All the same I need another socked head screw for locking your crank arm down along with another 114 arm.

Three se7ens

The screws I use are not interchangeable with the original Penn screw. They use #5-40 and I use #4-40.

I'll send you a replacement.